Please help with jobs in Australia/Sydney

antonvis

Good day,

I am a South African citizen looking for work in Sydney.

I have a degree and is looking for a work oppertunity in the Marketing/Hospitality or Sales areas.

Any help will be appreciated.

I atttach my CV for more information in regards to myself.

Regards,

Anton

Anton_Visagie.pdf

I am a South African citizen looking for work in Sydney.

I know I haven't read your CV... but what about telling us why an Aussie employer would go through all the costs and delays of hiring you from South Africa?

Hi Anton,

It is very difficult to land a job in sales/marketing from SA. Most companies are looking for skills that are harder to find here like engineer etc. you are certainly going to have to do a lot of leg work in order to achieve this.

If you would like to get a job, my first suggestion is to tailor your CV to Australian Standards. This is quite different from SA Cv's. Also your CV has at least one spelling mistake (professional). Also you will need to expand on some of your experience. For example in your company you deal with staff management, how many people do you deal with. Give examples of your marketing initiatives and how they have worked out for you etc.

Next get on seek and my careers and see what opportunities there are out there. Start sending your CV off and proactively contacting companies.

Candice

Hi Anton,

Technically it is not impossible to get sponsorship in your field, but in actual fact it is extremely rare. I read your CV and your chances seem very slim. There is a guy on the forum called Dyllan Willik (or similar) who came over on a 457 (i think) for a job in sales. PM him. He is dreadfully unhappy in his company, they treat him like cr@p, but he cant find another to take over his visa. With securing these "almost impossible" visas you are really being put over a barrel. Just wanting you know that you are picking a very difficult road. Maybe read this forum from cover to cover and perhaps also speak to the agent, Stephen Dickson on here. He will tell you, in his experience, what he thinks your chances are. And stay clear of agencies that promise to find you a job, for a fee. Good luck.

Archived