Converting your drivers licence in Adelaide

zoot

I know that we have to redo our drivers test to convert our South African licence to an Australian one. Can anyone recommend an instructor or driving school who can get some lessons through before going for the test. Any tips or pointers?

You have to do a multiple choice road rules test and do a practical drivers test. You can have a look at the RTA website where you can find all the questions and answers to the road rules test. Sorry, cannot recommend any driving instructors in Adelaide.

Any tips or pointers?

The biggest tip is that each state puts out two books: One for the learners and one for the drivers. They are free to download from the respective state's road agency website. Read them from cover to cover. What the book says, they test you on. The books even tell exactly what the practical test will include.

Next tip: learn who has right of way, not only in traffic circles but at all intersections.

Can anyone recommend an instructor or driving school who can get some lessons through before going for the test.

Mr Bell from Semaphore and his contact at westlakes, or Campbelltown drivingschool 0439638212. Then my neighbour (pm me) for the number.

i am now in the process - i did the learners and have a section 80 permit and have to pass by 4 February.

i have chosen to do the logbook CBT assessment where the ibnstructor teaches you and signs off "tasks" required when he is happy with them. less stressful and own paced - rather than failing an exam due to nerves.

the guy i use is really great and has experience with south africans and is based in glenelg area - i'm in henley beach. his name is David - 08 8376 1601 or 0409 694 083

• 1 month later...

I'm NOT in Aus yet, but how long do you have before 'converting' your licence?

If you are on a temporary or provisional visa then you dont have to convert until you get PR but if you come on a PR visa think it is 3 months after the activation of your PR visa (or after getting your PR visa if you converted from a temporary visa to a permanent one)

Archived