Also new

TvdH

Hi There

Sitting here with my family, scared at the moment. We put some extra security beams around our house since my husband was attacked by a burglar coming into our home when we had a braai with some family members. He was stabbed. The culprit is still on the loose in our once quite and beautiful little town Graskop in Mpumalanga. His modus operandi is basically to return to the same place twice. At the moment there are some sort of storm outside and the alarms from the security beams are going off every five minutes. But what the heck.....this is life in South Africa these days. Only thing is, we are tired of living like that and made a decision to leave SA for Australia.

My brother in law and his family is staying in Perth, Canningvale. They immigrated about seven years ago. Same reasons. He's doing very good for himself and his family and we would like to have the same quality life, in a peaceful country.

But the thing is, we don't know where to start. The whole process looks like a mountain. But we'll definitely want to try and climb it.

We've got our own business here but at the moment we are willing to start our whole life over again. Not only for ourselfs but for our three little girls a well. Especially them. Because if we are scared know, how will it be when they grow up. How will they feel? Things are not getting better. Will it ever??

My husband is a qualified Risk facilitator, qualified in doing risk accessments, qualified in occupational health and hygiene and value management for businesses. He's also a qualified shift supervisor in underground mining. Has got about 12 years experience in the underground mining field.

I'm not sure what to do and how to go about getting PR for Australia. We are going(or coming to Australia for those of you lucky to be there already) for a visit at the end of February 2011 for two weeks.

Sorry for the bad tenses and all, our home language is actually Afrikaans.

Please hlp us to get the ball rolling. Where do we start?

Hey,

Big decision, well done for making the it... you have come to the right place... as CandiceM mentioned visit http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/ and read all about it

If you are wanting to leave now/sooner then the normal skilled visa might take a little long but the google "mining jobs australia", There is a mining boom in Aus and I'm sure with your husbands skills he could get a 457 long stay business visa if a company will sponsor him. This is not a permanent visa but it does make it easier to get to Aus and then apply for a permanent visa. Just an option....

I sure other will reply. have a read at http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=31840&hl= also read the pinned topics in http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showforum=42 ...

Have fun

Later

T

Hi TvdH ~

Welcome to the forum, welcome to the exodus to down under. We all are somewhere along the line in the process, so you'll find plenty of help here, coming from various experiences and personal views, but between all, you'll find what suits you best.

I kind of agree with IamInACT ~ try to get a 457 employer sponsored visa and start with a PR visa (175) ASAP, or simultaneously. I know there is an option of combining these two at some stage, making the processing time of the PR much quicker. But sometimes, if you just need to GET THERE, a 457 can be your answer. Especially in mining, especially in Perth. Look at the options IamInACT suggested, you might just have a job lying in waiting for hubby !

All the best.

Hi

Baie Welkom. Soos die ander ook noem. Die belangrikste is dat jy net eers die besluit neem.

As jy vinnig wil gaan - kyk of jy deur iemand gesponsor kan word vir 'n 457 visum

www.seek.com.au

My man het die 23ste September aansoek gedoen vir 'n werk en die 30ste 'n onderhoud gehad. So maand later die 2de onderhoud en middel Desember is ons visums goedgekeur. Ons vlieg die 29ste Januarie

'n Kollega van my man het al in 2008 aansoek gedoen vir 'n family sponsored visum en wag nog steeds.

Kry ook solank al jou dokumentasie bymekaar want dit kan nogal 'n ruk vat

Vir 'n 457 het ons nodig gehad copies van:

Paspoorte

Unabridged birth certificates ( doen sommer aansoek ook vir jou unabridged marriage certificate terwyl jy daar is )

Kwalifikasies

Copy van huwelik sertifikaat ( hulle het sommer die geskrewe een aanvaar )

Getekende Werksaanbod

Laat weet net as jy enige vrae het. Ons het nou al heelwat kontakte opgebou met die proses en het SO baie te dank aan hierdie forum en sy mense :ilikeit:

Groete

Thx everybody. I'll sure read the links posted by you. Then again. Checked a few job sites but the job descriptions are not as straight forward as it is here in South Africa. Since mining n South Africa includes a lot of combined jobs like blasting, gasses ventilation, safety, strata control. In Oz it looks like there's a job description for each and every one separate. Didn't even know that there are mines in the Perth area. Any one know something about the mining job descriptions related to South African Shift Overseers or Risk Facilitators.

Thx

Maybe ask you husband to have a look , you would have to find the most suitable.

Hi :ilikeit:

Julle het defnitief nie 'n fout gemaak om op die forum aan te sluit nie.

Vir elke vraag wat julle het maak nie saak hoe dom julle dink dit klink nie sal iemand begryp en antwoord.

Ons het vir die 175 visa aansoek gedoen deur agente want ons was bang om die "berg" aan te pak sonder iemand wat weet van. Maar baie mense doen dit suksesvol sonder agente. Ons eerste stap was om aan soek te doen vir al ons dokumente by binnelandse sake en het BAIE lank gewag vir ons seun se unabrige birth sertifikaat, so hoe vinniger julle dit doen hoe beter.

Verder het ons die IELTS engelse toets gaan doen en my man het sy "trade" laat toets deur VETASSES. Ons het toe die bedrag betaal en die agente het dit "gelodge". En nou wag ons maar.

Ons het in Februarie 2009 gelodge en wag nog so ek stem saam dat as jul haastig is om dan ook te kyk na 'n 457 visa.

Gelukkig het my man 'n werk offer gekry so ons hoop dat die 457 visa sal deur gaan, want dan kan ons solank gaan.

Baie sterkte met die opwindende pad vorentoe!

Kleintjie

Thx everybody. I'll sure read the links posted by you. Then again. Checked a few job sites but the job descriptions are not as straight forward as it is here in South Africa. Since mining n South Africa includes a lot of combined jobs like blasting, gasses ventilation, safety, strata control. In Oz it looks like there's a job description for each and every one separate. Didn't even know that there are mines in the Perth area. Any one know something about the mining job descriptions related to South African Shift Overseers or Risk Facilitators.

Thx

Welkom op die forum, en geluk met julle goeie besluit. Ek sou julle aanraai om jou man se cv ook direk aan die myne te stuur, nie net op die Employment websites nie. Meeste van die groot myne het 'n Employment Section op hulle websites. Volg dit dan op met 'n oproep om te wys julle is erenstig. O ja, bele ook daarin om jou man se cv in Aus format te laat oor skryf - dit was vir ons goud werd! Sterkte!!!

Mel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi and Welcome!!

I agree with everyone, in trying to come over on a 457 visa, as it's much fater then the current 2-3 year wait on the 175. It is also quite possible that you would be able to get a employer nominated sponsor 121 visa. I is a permanent visa as opposed to the 457 which is temporary visa. I know Rio Tinto are hiring at the moment in massive quantities! Go directly to their website and register your CV with them.

https://riotinto.taleo.net/careersection/4/...rch.ftl?lang=en

Also try these websites

http://www.miningjob.net/

http://www.miningemployment.com.au/

http://jobs.bhpbilliton.com/jobSearch.asp?...mp;sLanguage=en

Good luck, and with your husbands qualifications it looks like you have a good chance of coming over sooner rather then later.

Candice

Hi and welcome :whome:

Joining this forum will not only give you tons of advice , but also moral support in the times when its really needed .;)

Archived