Tourist Visa for the UK on SA passport

GottaGo

Hi,

Travelling to the UK in Feb (if I get my new SA passport back in time!!!!). Has anyone in Perth applied for a Tourist Visa for the UK on their SA passport in Perth? Where do I go? Just thought I'd see if anyone's done it before I start phoning around to find out.

Thanks!

You can only apply through the British Embassy in Canberra

Postal address for the Visa Section:

Locked Bag 5010

Visa Section

Piccadilly House

39 Brindabella Circuit

Canberra Airport

ACT 2609

Canberra opening hours for taking biometric data (by appointment only): Monday - Friday 9:00am to 12:30pm - 1:00pm to 2:00pm

Opening hours for collection of completed applications: Monday - Friday 2:00pm to 3:00pm

General Information: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 12:30 / 1:00 - 3:00pm

Disabled access Information for this office

General Visa information is available via the following service between 9am and 5pm

Phone:

1902 941 555* (UKBA visa information)

1300 UKVISA (1300 858 472)** (CCS Credit card line)

1902 241 444*** (Passports)

* Calls charged at a rate of $3.50 cents per minute (including GST), which will be charged to your telephone bill. Call costs from mobile and pay phones is higher.

** Calls charged at a flat rate of $11.00 (including GST), which will be charged to your credit card.

*** Calls to this number will be charged at AUD $3.52 per minute from a landline. Calls from mobile networks and payphones will be higher. Standard call charges apply to the first 24 seconds of the call.

Please note

The Consulate offices (except Canberra) DO NOT handle passport and visa matters.

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/visitin...isas/contact-us

I had to get a visa last year and I completed the application on the internet. I was then given an appointment to go to the high commissioner here in Melbouren where they identified me and took my finger prints and took my passport. A week later I received my passport back in the post. It was very easy. Hope you have something like this in Perth

• 2 weeks later...

H,

Thanks, yes, applied online and went into the city to have "biometric data" taken. Took 2 minutes. Posted visa off to Canberra and hope the nice people give me a visa and we can be on our merry way.

Sally

Archived