Need some ideas please...

NicciG

Hi All

My in-laws will be visiting us next year and during their visit, my MIL will be turning 60 (in March next year).

We desperately need ideas: What can we do to make her day special, without us being bankrupt at the end of the day? :blush:

A couple of ideas:

1. Spend the day at home and have a family BBQ. :ilikeit:

2. Kangaroo island (a bit expensive, as we'll need to take 2 vehicles over on the ferry). <_<

3. A trip to the Barossa Valley where we can share a cheese platter and wine. :rolleyes:

Come on Adelaideans, thrill me with your creative ideas - please, I'm desperate!!!

Have a good one

NicciG

Hahndorf looked like a really nice place to experience, and then you could visit the Toy Factory and drive through the Hills. I've heard the central markets are great too, and the Botanical Gardens. Hope she has a great trip, and you get lots of ideas. :ilikeit:

Hi All

My in-laws will be visiting us next year and during their visit, my MIL will be turning 60 (in March next year).

We desperately need ideas: What can we do to make her day special, without us being bankrupt at the end of the day? :(

A couple of ideas:

1. Spend the day at home and have a family BBQ. :(

2. Kangaroo island (a bit expensive, as we'll need to take 2 vehicles over on the ferry). :magic:

3. A trip to the Barossa Valley where we can share a cheese platter and wine. :unsure:

Come on Adelaideans, thrill me with your creative ideas - please, I'm desperate!!!

Have a good one

NicciG

Hi Nicci

If you are going on a specific/special trip I would suggest that you hire a six seater car/minibus so that you can travel together - will enhance enjoyment of the ocassion, as you can "lekker saam gesels" and play tour guide :blink:

- A day trip to the Barrossa with a platter and bottle of wine at Peter Lehman Wines for lunch is reasonably inexpensive..

- A day tour through the Adelaide Hills, including Hahndorf with lunch at the Chain of Ponds Restaurant will be a little more expensive...

- Kangaroo Island ok, but you need to spend at least a couple of days there and that makes it a little(much) more expensive..(especially with the fare for the Ferry .. :)

- A trip to the Riverland, Renmark, Loxton, Berry...and Waikerie on the way with lunch at one of the restaurants on the river at Renmark and a "cruise" on a Riverboat" is lots of fun

- Day trip to Clare with lunch at one of the great restaurants available at a number the wine estates

- Day trip to the York Peninsula east coast, Addrossan, Black Point etc and lunch in Edithburgh...

- Day trip to the York Peninsula west coast, Port Hughes, Moonta Bay, Wallaroo and lunch at the Palate 2 Palette Restaurant in Port Broughtonis a nice long trip) :):)

....and don't forget the GPS (as long as you know where you want to go to:):) should help to maintain a degree of "domestic" bliss :ph34r:

Enjoy!Geniet!

Manny

Ag, dankie vir die feedback, Boeregees!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit: The Riverboat trip sounds nice - will google it.

• 4 weeks later...

Lunch or dinner at the Flying Fish restaurant overlooking Horseshoe Bay in Port Elliot, at the bottom of the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula. Preceded or followed by a visit to picturesque Goolwa, and Victor Harbor, with a trip to Granite Island on the horse-drawn carriage.

Regards,

Scott

Lunch or dinner at the Flying Fish restaurant overlooking Horseshoe Bay in Port Elliot, at the bottom of the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula. Preceded or followed by a visit to picturesque Goolwa, and Victor Harbor, with a trip to Granite Island on the horse-drawn carriage.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Nicci

Scott's suggestion is a great one. Horshoe Bay and the Flying Fish Cafe combination is a great experience....... and the beach there is nice and protected for the kids....and a walk along the sea front awe inspiring...

Good one Scott ;)

Hi All

We desperately need ideas: What can we do to make her day special, without us being bankrupt at the end of the day? :blush:

A couple of ideas:

1. Spend the day at home and have a family BBQ. :thumbdown:

2. Kangaroo island (a bit expensive, as we'll need to take 2 vehicles over on the ferry). <_<

3. A trip to the Barossa Valley where we can share a cheese platter and wine. :rolleyes:

Have a good one

NicciG

Hi Nicci

How about going to the botanical gardens, entry is free and you are allowed to bring a packed picnic, that way you might still have money left to take them out to dinner aswell

Thanks Starfish and Hardy (and Numbawun and Mr T). Have had a look at Granite Island's website, and it seems lovely!

Have a good one!

Archived