Getting family across

Trevor & Hayley

Hi there,

I'm new to this website but have read a few forum topics and feel both excited and interested by the many people in similar situations. Isn't it great to have such support!

I'm in the last stage of waiting for my visa(General skilled subclass 136). We should here by the end of February, since we've just done our medicals and my husband has completed the English proficiency test.

Anyway, my question to anyone and everyone is...Does anyone know of anyway I can get my parents and younger brother to Australia? If my husband and I get the visa how can I ensure my family gets to Oz as well and asap? Please if anyone can offer me any advice or knows of the steps to follow, I'd much appreciate it. The thought of leaving them behind is unbearable. I can't leave them in SA alone with no support and this wretched crime.

Thanx Hayley (Durban)

Your parents can go accross on a contributory parent visa if you only have 1 other sibling. The balance of family test is that 50% of children must live in Australia. Your younger brother may then go across on a remaining relative visa provided he is not married. You need to have been in Australia for 2 years first.

If you have more than one sibling and live in a regional area you can sponsor a sibling who has a positive skills assessment, this may inturn give you the balance of family.

I have 2 brothers. One of 25 who lives in the UK and whom is not really interested in Australia at the moment and one of 12 who lives with my parents. So I need to get my parents and 12 year old brother across. Whats this contributory visa? Do I sponsor them in Oz? My younger brother is also a very talented tennis player. Currently no.1 in SA in his age group, does this have any effect?

I have 2 brothers. One of 25 who lives in the UK and whom is not really interested in Australia at the moment and one of 12 who lives with my parents. So I need to get my parents and 12 year old brother across. Whats this contributory visa? Do I sponsor them in Oz? My younger brother is also a very talented tennis player. Currently no.1 in SA in his age group, does this have any effect?

I dont know what the rules are when dependant siblings are involved.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent/143/index.htm

link for contributry parent visa

Maybe you should contact Etienne Hugo his details is pinned to this site. He will most probably be the one person that will give you all the information that you need, the quickest.

Regards

Aniena :)

Hi Hayley,

A sports visa (temporary) or distinguished talent visa may be options for your brother, considering his tennis ability.

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia