Housing SA

K-Vdm

I have been looking at options for when we get to Adelaide in terms of rentals.

Kind of bargained on getting housing from Housing SA as this seems to be quite affordable etc.. Around $300 p/w compared to $700+ p/w..

It seems that this service including the meet and greet is not done by SA any longer :(

How long does it take to find suitable rentals (long-term)?

Staying in expensive accommodation for a few weeks will surely eat up all savings very quickly :ilikeit:

Hi there!

We are in a similar situation. They allowed us to apply for the housing more than a month ago, but let us know today that there are no rentals available.

They say we can still get the meet and greet service though!

Around $300 p/w compared to $700+ p/w..

How long does it take to find suitable rentals (long-term)?

Staying in expensive accommodation for a few weeks will surely eat up all savings very quickly :rolleyes:

Hi

Still lots of private places around for $300 pw and will take about 2 weeks to secure. Holiday accomodation (furnished) at the beachfront about $500 pw. Caravan parks about $400-$500 pw.

$700 is on the extreme high side and will definately eat up your savings if you do not have a job.

Kind of bargained on getting housing from Housing SA as this seems to be quite affordable etc.. Around $300 p/w compared to $700+ p/w..

We stayed in the govt. housing 2 years ago - cost about $170.00 per fortnight!

We currently stay in a furnished unit, in the North East of the city for $300.00 per week.

$700.00 per week for a rental would get you a very smart house in a very smart area.

Have a look on realestate.com.au and have a look at rental prices, looks like you might be surprised at what you can get.

Take care,

red

Just goes to show - everywhere I look (might be looking at the wrong place), furnished short term rentals start around $700 p/w

I know everyone says it's quite difficult/trying to easily get suitable longer term unfurnished accommodation so I know we will need to stay somewhere for a week or two. To find this somewhere (furnished) is the problem...

Going to look on the property websites and see there.

The caravan parks, motels etc charge per day and it's between $100-$300 p/day...

Thankfully I still have some time :D

We are planning to arrive 2-3wks prior to our furniture so that we can get our long-term rental as the container needs to go to wherever we are staying (and I have to give this address BEFORE the container arrives in Adelaide....) :rolleyes:

Ok just checked - can find holiday accommodation for around $400-600 p/w with utilities and broadband :rolleyes:

Archived