Pregnancy and X-rays

new_horizons

HI there, wondering if anyone can help. I am pregnant at the moment and worried that if we apply for a visa at the moment our CO will request x-rays while I'm still pregnant.... anyone know what happens in such a situation, as obviously you can't go for x-rays but will they put your application on hold for you?

Many thanks.

I'm quite sure that pregnant women are not to be X-rayed, you might just have to give a doctor's letter to confirm your pregnancy. You can discuss it with your CO the moment you have one, or with the forum's 'local' immigration agent !

Rest assured, they will not let you do anything dangerous.

I discovered I was pregnant the same day they asked me for the medicals. They just put my application on hold until baby was born. When he was born, I added him to the visa and then did medicals for everyone including baby.

Remember if they let you do medicals now without x-ray your visa may be granted before baby is born. Then you will need to add baby on a sepaarte visa with a full fee again.

Good luck

I discovered I was pregnant the same day they asked me for the medicals. They just put my application on hold until baby was born. When he was born, I added him to the visa and then did medicals for everyone including baby.

Remember if they let you do medicals now without x-ray your visa may be granted before baby is born. Then you will need to add baby on a sepaarte visa with a full fee again.

Good luck

Thanks Andrea, that makes me feel more relaxed. I was envisaging them throwing out my application because I couldnt comply when they asked me to!

In 'the olden days' before there were scans they used to xrays to see if babies were okay, obviously in xtreme circumstances. These days they will do a chest xray with a lead apron over the baby (your lap). My daughter was 5months pregnant when they did their medicals and they did an exray no worries, and this was here in Australia where they are extremely pedantic.

Archived