Which Visa to apply for?

Polyanna

Hi All

My hubbie has received a job offer from an employer in Brisbane :);):D

The employer is not in a position to sponsor us (457) but has said he would assist where he can to help us obtain a visa.

Do we apply for a temporary working visa? :ilikeit:

Please advise. Where to now?

Kim

Hi Polyanna

The visas are confusing it sounds to me like you don't know which way to take

1- permanent visa:works on the pointsystem,no sponsor needed,takes the longest to get,you can work anywhere and have all the benefits

2-normal 2 -year work visa :you need a work sponsor from a employer,you get this visa very quickly,but you can only work for 2 years

3-457 worksvisa :you can work for 4 years,you have to be sponsored by a employer,visas is obtained quickly

-most people who do not qualify for the points go for the 2-year work visa or the 457 work visa

-if you are in a hurry to move to Australia go for the work visas

-like someone said before the permanent visa is the rolls Royce of all visas

-the only visa of the above you can apply for yourself is the permanent visa,the work visa you need to get a company to sponsor you,and you can only work in regional areas not in brisbane,sydney,melbourne or perth

Hi Polyanna

1-permanent visa :works on the point system ,takes the longest to get ,you don't need a work when applying for this one ,you get all the benefits like medical etc.

2-normal 2-year work visa :you need a sponsor from a company ,only allowed to work for 2 years ,no state benefits ,quickly to get this visa

3- 457 work visa (business visa) : the same as the 2 year work visa ,this one is valid for 4 years .

the 2 year work visa and 457 work visa don't work on the point system that is why some people take this option or when you are in a hurry.

with this visas you are not allowed to work in brisbane,sydney ,perth o melbourne Only in regional areas ,so when you do a job search say on www.seek.com.au ,select the regional-areas to look for work not the big cities.

the only visa you can apply for yourself is the permanent visa the work visas the company that want you need to nominate you and sponsor you.

hope the clear up your problems

Hi Kim,

Send me an email at carres[at]optusnet[dot]com[dot]au and I would be happy to give you a free initial assessment to let you know your visa options.

Kind regards,

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

Hi Kim,

Send me an email at carres[at]optusnet[dot]com[dot]au and I would be happy to give you a free initial assessment to let you know your visa options.

Kind regards,

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

Hi Fiona

Thanks for the offer of assistance. I have sent you an email.

Kim

Hi there,

we had the same problem. My husband had a joboffer but no sponsor. There was no way for us to get a Visa and move to Australia.

We are now hoping that the immigration law will change in near future as the company will give us a job any time.

If somebody nows about another possibility, please let us know.

Kind regards

Maike

HI MAIKE

what job do you do ?

regards,christelle

Hi Christelle,

we are both working in the Airline industry. My husband works for a company here in Cape Town and they are also represented in Brisbane. We both have European passports. My husband speaks Italian and I'm German. Unfortunatley we are not elegible for a skilled Visa.

Kind regards

Maike

What specific jobs do you do ?

christelle

I'm a Product Coach for Lufthansa and my husband is a Reservation agent for Swiss. We are in the call center industry.

Maike