Question on lodging application for 136

duToits

Hi

This question might have been answered previously, but struggling to find what i'm looking for.

If we send the 136 application forms in, does the date of our application get logged when they receive it or from when a case officer is assigned? The reason being is that we are applying with my wife as primary applicant att the end of this year or beginning next year. but then she turns 30 in april 2008 and we will drop down to 115 points.

Thanks

Jacques

Hi

This question might have been answered previously, but struggling to find what i'm looking for.

If we send the 136 application forms in, does the date of our application get logged when they receive it or from when a case officer is assigned? The reason being is that we are applying with my wife as primary applicant att the end of this year or beginning next year. but then she turns 30 in april 2008 and we will drop down to 115 points.

Thanks

Jacques

The date of application is when they receive it, you will get an acknowledgement of receipt and the date at the top of the letter is what you go by.

And you'll receive the points you qualify for at the date of lodgement (acknowledgement) regardless of changes down the line (age, gov policy etc)

Good luck

Cindy

Just another question. What happens when you lodge your application and your wife becomes pregnant. Do you need to inform them right away, are there extra costs involved and does the application go on hold until the birth.

Thanks

for the help

Jacques

Just another question. What happens when you lodge your application and your wife becomes pregnant. Do you need to inform them right away, are there extra costs involved and does the application go on hold until the birth.

Thanks

for the help

Jacques

This happened to me.

Edited by sebr

Hi Jaques,

The points are actually assessed at the time of decision. Age is one factor however, that is taken into account at the time of application. At the time of decision, your points score will be compared to the pass mark available at that time.

Regarding if you are expecting a child- if the application is being processed, you could request that the application be put on hold until after the child is born (it is often advisable to do so after getting a case officer). If your child is born after your permanent visa has been granted, you will have to apply for a child visa (additional costs).

Kind regards,

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

hi, that is why it is good to get the application in asap.

We are going to try to get our 136 done asap. Will be waiting for TRA, passports etc, so it all takes time... :ilikeit: but hoping to get it done asap. We are in 30-34 bracket, so still scoring there.

If we waited longer with application the chance was good we will lose points on age, although the total will still be enough. Thing is you never know how they will change criteria! Better get it in asap. You have 5 years after your visa is validated to make to move to Oz.

Hope it all goes smoothly! :ilikeit:

Edited by Bianca.UK

My understanding of having kids after applying is as follows:

If you add family members like parents you will need to reapply, but if you have kids of your own after the application they will be automatically included afterwards.

So when you get you visa all kinds will be included, no other family. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you add family members like parents you will need to reapply, but if you have kids of your own after the application they will be automatically included afterwards.

So when you get you visa all kinds will be included, no other family. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It depends where the child is born- if born in Australia, the child will have the same visa status as the parents. If born overseas, the child will need his/her own visa application (unless born while the visa is being processed- in which case it is possible to add the child to the application).

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia