Hi from Me

Loutjie

Well my fiance and I made the decision to immigrate to Australia.

Unfortunately Canada lost due to the cold weather and the fact that she hates the cold!

We attended a free seminar and a paid consultation session with a migration agent.

I' going to try and apply for a skilled visa and if possible be self sponsored.

So... the process of eating baked beans and Oats pap to fund the migration cost begins :)

Welcome to the forum. Its a long journey especially if you going the independant route.

HI Jordy

I REALY hope it won't take more than 12 months. I'm trying my best to get the application in before July 2011 when the new point system will be in use.

The immigration agent sounded very optimistic.

I hope to give some positive feedback on the forum :)

KEEP YOUR FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED!!

Welcome !! It's a long process, but the forum becomes family and friends and helps a huge lot to see one through all the joys and sorrows of it.

Enjoy it, it's quite and experience !

Welkom! Enige hulp of vrae - PM my! Ek is darem naby.

:)

Good luck .... consider a 176 option if you want to leave sooner rather then later .... Canberra/ACT is a good place to start ....

Well my fiance and I made the decision to immigrate to Australia.

Unfortunately Canada lost due to the cold weather and the fact that she hates the cold!

We attended a free seminar and a paid consultation session with a migration agent.

I' going to try and apply for a skilled visa and if possible be self sponsored.

So... the process of eating baked beans and Oats pap to fund the migration cost begins :o

Welcome to the forum.

Trust me beans and oats will be so worth it :stretcher:

All the best and i wish you a smooth process ahead.

No matter what is thrown your way and the hoops you gotta jump through - stay focused and strong to get to your goal - AUSTRALIA

Good luck with your decision and may your journey be a smooth one.

Please just ensure that if you are going to use an agent, then check them out thoroughly, before you pay them any funds. As many on this forum will attest to, there have been many folks taken for a ride. Best to ask here if the agent you wish to use is known, or to ask here for recommendations, you will get honest answers.

Good luck with your decision and may your journey be a smooth one.

Please just ensure that if you are going to use an agent, then check them out thoroughly, before you pay them any funds. As many on this forum will attest to, there have been many folks taken for a ride. Best to ask here if the agent you wish to use is known, or to ask here for recommendations, you will get honest answers.

Hi Mara

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but we are planning to use IMMagine-Australia.

The director is Colin Adno(Ex SA and Ex Nz Lawyer) and from what I heard he is very credible in the field of migration.

Does anyone know whether or not IMMagine-Australia is a good immigration agent?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Does anyone know whether or not IMMagine-Australia is a good immigration agent? Have sent you a PM

Tania

Hi Loutjie,

Ek weet nie veel van IMMagine af nie maar ek kan wel vir Stephen Dickson aanbeveel van Migration Outcomes Australia. Hy is ook op die forum as SDMOA. Baie van die ander mense op die forum gebruik hom ook en ons is almal baie tevrede.

Hy is baie billik wat sy fooie aanbetref. Ek sou regtig as ek jy is dalk net ook vir hom kontak en vra hoe sy fooie lyk etc. Veral as jy baked beans moet eet (soos ons.. :rolleyes:

Sterkte, hoop jy kom reg.

Groete

Anneke

Dankie Anneke

Jy is al die derde persoon wat dit vir my sê.

So either this guy is really brilliant or you are all undercover agents :rolleyes:

I'll definitely contact him and have a chat!

Thanks for your post

Hi Loutjie

I have never heard of IMMagine-Australia, cannot recall that their name has ever been mentioned here. There are a number of migration agents that give advice on this forum and all of them come highly recommended. I would definitely shop around before making a decision.

I would second what the others have said - there are agents on the forum who are consistently sharing their skills and expertise and who are known for their reliability, I would rather suggest you go with someone tried and tested.

The whole migration business can be tricky (depends on your situation) and the last thing you need is to not make the July 2011 deadline because your agent stuffed up or gave you incorrect information. I have no idea what the different agents charge but definately worth taking the time to make sure you get an agent that is interested in you and your case (even if perhaps they are a little bit more expensive).

It can be very tempting when you go to a free session to sign up with that agent because they seem to know what they are talking about (not saying they dont) BUT there are some agents out there who offer a free session, tell you you, you easily qualify for Oz, take your money but once you have paid you have to absolutely kick them every step of the way to get anything done. Emails and phone calls go unreturned, they dont pass on info from DIAC, the person handling your situation constantly changes etc etc. Just read some of the posts on here and on sites like Poms in Oz which will give you a bit of insight into why everyone says be careful.

Remember too it is not essential to use an agent - many people have managed just fine without one.

I would definitely shop around before making a decision.

Thanks Mara

Will definitely do that, got the cost agreement from IMMagine and I would definitely consider someone a bit cheaper

that other forumites recommend. :blink:

Hi Loutjie,

Good luck on your journey ahead

It's a long, stressful process, but I do believe it will be worth it in the end!

I can only ditto to Stephen Dickson - we used him as well.

You can see in my signature the process we had to follow - and so far we have been successful!

Ask any questions that you might have, there are many VERY helpful people on this wonderful forum!

Archived