Monthly Adelaide Get Together

cristel

I moved to Adelaide from Geraldton, WA, and it is GREAT ! The only thing I really really miss is my SA friends in Geraldton. We were a close knit community, and had a get together after the Afrikaans church service once a month. We visited with SA friends every weekend.

I would love, love, looove to recreate that in Adelaide, and although there are a lot of great South Africans in Adelaide, I haven’t managed to make the friendships I left behind in WA.

So, I have now decided to DO something about it, and not just sit and cry about it. I am going to find a park, and have a South-African BBQ with South-African music playing once a month, and anyone in Adelaide that wants to join me, IS MORE THAN WELCOME !

I have been contemplating this, and, in fear of treading on anyone's toes, have not done anything about it. Im putting it out there, if anyone wants to object, this is the time.

Groete

Cristel

I moved to Adelaide from Geraldton, WA, and it is GREAT ! The only thing I really really miss is my SA friends in Geraldton. . . . .

So, I have now decided to DO something about it, and not just sit and cry about it. I am going to find a park, and have a South-African BBQ with South-African music playing once a month, and anyone in Adelaide that wants to join me, IS MORE THAN WELCOME ! . . . . .

Groete

Cristel

Don't you just love it!

South Africans don't bitch about things, they get up and do something about it.

Go for it, Cristel . . . and if anyone's ego is that delicate that they don't like it, tough!

I moved to Adelaide from Geraldton, WA, and it is GREAT ! The only thing I really really miss is my SA friends in Geraldton. We were a close knit community, and had a get together after the Afrikaans church service once a month. We visited with SA friends every weekend.

I would love, love, looove to recreate that in Adelaide, and although there are a lot of great South Africans in Adelaide, I haven’t managed to make the friendships I left behind in WA.

So, I have now decided to DO something about it, and not just sit and cry about it. I am going to find a park, and have a South-African BBQ with South-African music playing once a month, and anyone in Adelaide that wants to join me, IS MORE THAN WELCOME !

I have been contemplating this, and, in fear of treading on anyone's toes, have not done anything about it. Im putting it out there, if anyone wants to object, this is the time.

Groete

Cristel

Fantastic idea - when you have finalised the details post them - looking forward to it.

The Moms in Adelaide group on facebook has a monthly get together on a weeknight, but I keep missing this as it is normally too far from North-East Adelaide where I live.

I'd like to make this gathering on sundays central enough for anyone to attend. I drove past the Mitcham reserve last weekend, and that looked like a lovely spot.

Please give suggestions if you know of a nice place to have this.

My mobile is 0431105352 if anyone would like to talk to me.

Please PM me your mobile numbers and emails if you are interested to attend, I am starting a distribution list to keep everyone informed.

Lets do it !!

Cristel

Thank you to the 4 families that responded ! I will keep you informed of which sunday I'm planning.

Anyone else thats interested ?

I think the Mitcham park will be ideal !

regards

Cristel

The response so far is great !

Lets all meet at Mitcham Reserve, at the corner of Albert st & Old Belair road. (link : http://www.mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au/site/p...1259&c=9530 )

Sunday 28 November at 12h00.

This gives everyone time to go to church first, and then we have a bbq for lunch. There is gas bbq's, just bring your chairs. and chops and sausages !

I will text and email everyone that sent me their details.

Regards

Cristel

Just checking: everything still on for tomorrow at 12:00?

• 2 weeks later...
The Moms in Adelaide group on facebook has a monthly get together on a weeknight, but I keep missing this as it is normally too far from North-East Adelaide where I live.

I'd like to make this gathering on sundays central enough for anyone to attend. I drove past the Mitcham reserve last weekend, and that looked like a lovely spot.

Please give suggestions if you know of a nice place to have this.

My mobile is 0431105352 if anyone would like to talk to me.

Please PM me your mobile numbers and emails if you are interested to attend, I am starting a distribution list to keep everyone informed.

Lets do it !!

Cristel

Good idea, Gee gas Christel :rolleyes:

Sounds SO nice! Wish we were there already!!! :ilikeit:

Hi k-VdM

Was dit nou lekker gewees. Seker so +- 20 verskillende gesinne gewees. Ons amper 'n jaar hier en het vir die eerste keer met hierdie gesinne kontak gehad. Baie nuwelinge ook. Dit het "gekook".

En dan was Bob ook daar met sy braai. Lekker.

Wel gedaan aan almal wat daar was, en die wat gereel het!

Hi Everyone in Adelaide !

I was wondering if you will be interested in having a meet in December ? Im even toying with the idea of getting together on Christmas day ? How do you feel about that ? We are going to have Christmas day picnic at the Burnside Pool, corner of Greenhill and Howard, they are open on Christmas day...

Let me know if you're interested !

Regards

Cristel

• 1 month later...

Hi

If you decide to have another get together at Mitcham park, please let me know

andrew.lonsdale@bp.com

Archived