Meeting people with young children

Nettie

My husband and I have one daughter, aged five and will be moving into our new home soon. We will be based North of Perth in Quinns Rocks. Any tips on how to meet other parents with like aged children as my daughter will be out of school until the new year begins in Feb.

She is starved from friends and I don't know where to begin.

She is starved from friends and I don't know where to begin.

You already began this Forum is the place!! :ilikeit:

I have a Daughter 6 years she is also only child I know how it gets some days!! Unfortunately we are down South (Secret Harbour) so travelling is a bit of a problem.

Hang in there, soon she will have heaps of friends!!

Cheers,

Hey Nettie,

I am moving to Mindarie in early Jan, I have 2 boys 6 and 3 and also would love to meet some people with kiddies!!!

Keep in touch,

Deirdre

Hi there

We live in Edgewater (just south of Joondalup) and our daughter turns 5 next week - we are quite busy for the next few weekends with a ridiculous amount of birthday parties, but maybe we can meet up in early December?

Dont know about other areas but in Sydney all the libraries and pretty much all the churches have kids activities, you dont have to be members of either. You can ask them or just google a few different phrases on the subject and I am sure something will pop up. Most of these things are free too. You can look on the Australian Breastfeeding Association website also, they do lost of things and it does not mean you have to still be breastfeeding. Otherwise start her in a dance or sport class and then you yourself could volunteer there and meet other mums.

Hey Nettie,

I am moving to Mindarie in early Jan, I have 2 boys 6 and 3 and also would love to meet some people with kiddies!!!

Keep in touch,

Deirdre

Deirdre,

Are you moving to Mindarie from South Africa or are you based elsewhere at the moment?

• 1 month later...

I just want to 'register' my interest for meeting people with small children as well - my son is 3 1/2 and my daughter is 9 months

We will most likely be living 'south of the river'....

E

Archived