How to claim five points for afrikaans

hanneskn

Hi everyone,

Can anyone please give me more info regarding the abovementioned.

I can prove that Afrikaans is my mother language, I did my Tertiary education in Afrikaans; and also did about 80% of my studies at Tshwane Univesity of Technology (Thechnikon pretoria) in Afrikaans. Will I be able to claim the five bonus points for Afrikaans??

H.

Hi

I am not sure if the Tswane University do issue degree certificates in Afrikaans. I requested University of Stellenbosch to issue me one in both English and Afrikaans. I wrote a cover letter stating that my classes were dual meduim and added the official list of subjects passed and the certificates in Afrikaans.

That did the trick!!!

Best of luck!!!

I did my Tertiary education in Afrikaans; and also did about 80% of my studies at Tshwane Univesity of Technology (Thechnikon pretoria) in Afrikaans. Will I be able to claim the five bonus points for Afrikaans??

According to Booklet 6 you need a qualification, of equivalent standard to an Australian degree, where instruction was in Afrikaans. South African Universities are geared to provide you with such evidence in the form of a letter, just ask for it.

See also this discussion on the topic.

Thank you,

I don't know if they will accept it because I studied at Technikon; and not at a University. I'm going to try anyway. I got a letter from Tswane University stating that the tuition was in afrikaans and the Sylibus is 80% afrikaans (I had it translated into english); and also got a letter from Gauteng education department stating that the official language of instruction was in Afrikaans.

Tx,

H.

Hi Hannes,

I asked the University of Pretoria to write a letter stating that my studies were conducted in Afrikaans. They did not even charge me for the letter; I just had to collect it from them.

If your studies were conducted in Afrikaans, the relevant institution should be able to issue such a letter.

Good luck!

Bye, Pippa! X