Unabridged birth certificates for children born overseas

Bianca S

Hallo julle

I have all the unabridged certificates needed, but not birth certificates for my children born in the UK.

I did get Full unabridged ones, issued in the UK by their registry. Will this be enough?

We are still SA citizens, although my children qualify for UK passports by birth (we have PRes here).

Do I have to get the SA birth certificates for them?

You know how long it takes in SA, its even more of a nagmerrie here with the very slow embassy, that is IF you ever get it. :(

I paid for one for my son 2 years ago and just never received it... :ph34r:

So was hoping UK birth cert's was enough.

Is it a requirement that it should be issued by the country of citizenship?

Dankie aan al die ervare mense ;)

Bianca :D

Edited by Bianca.UK

hi julle almal

Ek het ook so 'n soortgelyke vraag.

Ook besig met die hele proses om Australia toe tegaan. Ek ( Ineke, getroud met Dolf, ons het twee kinders) is gebore in Holland en het in 1981 Suid Afrika toe geemigreer. Hoe moet ek nou maak ivm my unabridged birth certificates? Ek het al my emigrasie papiere en geboorte sertifikaat. Stel julle voor ek moet aansoek doen by die Nederlandse ambassade in Holland of Pretoria? Of miskien my enigste gewone een laat sertifiseer? HELP ASB ENIGE IEMAND!

baie dankie

groete Ineke

If you PM Fiona (host) she should be able to assist you with this question. I am going to take a stab in the dark here and say that as long as you have an unabridged birth certificate from the country in which the child was born - that this is sufficient. Will be interesting to see what Fiona has to say.