Visa Tracking

davidsa

Hi All

Can anyone please tell me how to go about tracking the progress of our visa app online if that is possible?

Our xrays have been submitted and am curious to know how long to go... :lol:

Thanks

[Hi David sa

We submitted our 457 application online. Once you lodge and make payment you get a transaction reference number. You use that number when checking online on the DIMA website.

With regards to XRAYS. We got results back after two days. But in our case it was not good results and my hubby needs to do further medical tests.

Hope I have answered your question!

Good luck

Frenchie

Thanks Frenchie, Our app was done through agent in Sydney. She has been a great help. Have managed to track and see that only xrays still outstanding. They should be there by now so will check next week for an update.

Cheers

David

If you applied online then you can track it using your ETN (electronic tracking number) on the DIMIA website. Not sure what you can do if it was a paper application.

If you're on a 457 visa, the average processing times after they receive the medicals in Oz (until final approval) seems to be about 5-7 working days (based on most of the feedback I've seen from forumites and others). If you've only just sent the medicals from RSA then add another 4-6 days for couriering (i.e. 10-14 working days in total).

You can track the arrival of your medicals via the courier company they were sent with. Your doctor should provide you with the courier tracking number and phone number of the courier company they used.

I'm applying on a 457 visa - medicals were received in Sydney on Monday 22nd. Sent from RSA on 18 Jan. So 4 working days to get there. Expecting the visa to come through early next week (allowing for the Australia Day public holiday today). Then need 3-5 days for the visa to be sent to Aussie Consul-General in Pretoria for validation and we can be on our merry way. We've provisionally booked flights for 9th Feb.

Hey Rich

Our X-rays were sent off on Tues (23/01) so guess they should be arriving there latest monday...then its wait and see :lol:

We are hoping to leave end Feb - have not been so bold as to make flight bookings yet. What airline have you booked with? At this stage Emirates seems to be the cheapest. Might just go that route and stop off in Dubai to see some family before the trek to Sydney.

You know the process of sending the passports for validation?

Thanks for the info...

David

Hey David,

Sounds like everything's nicely on track.

We just made provisional flight bookings to ensure we've got seats if everything comes through as expected. My company wants us there yesterday, so didn't want to wait 'til the last minute and run risk of flight being full. If there's a delay on our visas we'll just re-book for another date. No harm in booking as you only pay penalties for changes once the ticket is actually issued.

We're flying SAA because it's the most direct flight to Perth / WA. My company is covering all relocation costs so we're fortunate that we don't have to count our pennies. Emirates is an awesome airline so I'm sure that'll be a good choice, particularly if you're looking for the cheapest flight. Bonus if you can stop over and visit family and break up the long-haul.

Apparently you submit your passports to VFS (Visa Something beginning with an 'F' Services) in Rosebank and they send to Aussie Consulate in Pta on your behalf. They've been appointed by Aussie Consulate to handle logistics of all visa processing, so not sure that you can go to consulate personally (they seem to be quite strict on this). They have a website with more info, but don't have the address with me. Try googling it.