Hairdresser in Adelaide

NicciG

Dear All

I've been to quite a number of hairdressers to get a quote for a solid colour for my long, curly hair and for the first time in many years, I've considered cutting my hair!!! They want to charge me between $ 120 and $ 200 for a solid colour (dis oor die R 900 mense!!) and I'm used to paying R 300 for a colour and cut at a tried and trusted backyard hairdresser. YIKES!!

Anybody know of a "backyard" hairdresser who doesn't charge an arm and a leg? Else it will be DIY for me and I've got lots and lots of hair and it usually comes out a "patchie" here and a "patchie" there if a try to do it myself!!

Anybody?

Ta

Nicci

If you go to Tafe, they will do it for much less. The students will do it for you. The cut is 10 dollars and the colour I cannot remember but I think less than 30 dollars with color included. That was for my hair (also curly but mine was not long) . As I said the students do it but they got someone overseeing them.

The only thing is that you can not book on the phone you need to do the appointment in person and they do it on specific days.

Tafe is in Curry Street.

Just a cut cuts your hair for 26 dollars. I had one today. You need to have a shampoo within 24 hours because if they shampoo they will charge you more.

I am not sure if they do color.

Good luck

Andrea

Thanks Andrea - will definitely follow up on that one!

Ta

Nicci,

I go to Sarah Smart in Hallet Cove. She is simply excellent. Not quite as cheap as TAFE, but highly experienced and qualified. She's probably the best colorist I know. PM me if you want her phone number. I usually pay around $75 for a cut, half head of foils and a blow dry.

• 1 month later...
Dear All

I've been to quite a number of hairdressers to get a quote for a solid colour for my long, curly hair and for the first time in many years, I've considered cutting my hair!!! They want to charge me between $ 120 and $ 200 for a solid colour (dis oor die R 900 mense!!) and I'm used to paying R 300 for a colour and cut at a tried and trusted backyard hairdresser. YIKES!!

Anybody know of a "backyard" hairdresser who doesn't charge an arm and a leg? Else it will be DIY for me and I've got lots and lots of hair and it usually comes out a "patchie" here and a "patchie" there if a try to do it myself!!

Anybody?

Ta

Nicci

Hi

I am an ex-South African Hairdresser who has a salon in the CBD, called Sizza Sista's Hair & Beauty Salon. The Salon is in existance for 6 years. Located at 12 Peel Street, Adelaide, SA, 5000. Telephone to make an appointment on 82122149.

Regards

Dear All

Anybody?

Ta

Nicci

Hi

I am an ex-South African Hairdresser who has a salon in the CBD, called Sizza Sista's Hair & Beauty Salon. The Salon is in existance for 6 years. Located at 12 Peel Street, Adelaide, SA, 5000. Telephone to make an appointment on 82122149.

Regards

I LOVE your salon's name! Quite catchy and funky! :ilikeit:

Archived