HELP HELP HELP

Frenchie

I need urgent advice from anyone who can advise us on the following matter.

At the beginning of this week, when I went online to see the progress of our 457 visa application. It seemed everythings was finalised besides two messages under my husbands name.

The LCU have requested by hubby to undergo TB TESTING, such as sputum smears, cultures, HIV also to provide the current status of the TB and reports of treatment received.

The main problem is that HE DOES NOT HAVE TB!! Dr Morton and Partners as well as Dr Stoner and Partners have reassured us that he does not have TB but has inhaled particles of metal, steel or asbestos which has settled on his lung. They also informed me that most people working in industrial places, working with steel etc inhales these particles. The most important thing is it is not infectious and he is not phycially sick at all but must protect himself in future!

The Pulmonoligist tried to do the sputum tests but my hubby has not phlegm on his chest1 How do I get through to these people and convince them? DR Stoner said I should as the CASE OFFICER TO contact him to clarify this horrible matter!

Will it be advisable for me to send an email to my case officer telling her that the panel doctors has informed us that he has no signs and symtoms of TB? Could the visa be declined if I email her this? Will they consider him for the visa still?

PLEASE HELP!

FRENCHIE

Hello Frenchie,

Just get your husband to go for the full TB and HIV test at any one of the approved doctors and get the doctor to right up the report and send it to the LCU, with a note that they are welcome to contact him for any further clarification. Don't argue with them, or refuse to go for the testing - they will just deny the visa. Follow their instructions and they will see that your hubby does not have TB and will process from there.

Cheers

Ajay

I need urgent advice from anyone who can advise us on the following matter.

At the beginning of this week, when I went online to see the progress of our 457 visa application. It seemed everythings was finalised besides two messages under my husbands name.

The LCU have requested by hubby to undergo TB TESTING, such as sputum smears, cultures, HIV also to provide the current status of the TB and reports of treatment received.

The main problem is that HE DOES NOT HAVE TB!! Dr Morton and Partners as well as Dr Stoner and Partners have reassured us that he does not have TB but has inhaled particles of metal, steel or asbestos which has settled on his lung. They also informed me that most people working in industrial places, working with steel etc inhales these particles. The most important thing is it is not infectious and he is not phycially sick at all but must protect himself in future!

The Pulmonoligist tried to do the sputum tests but my hubby has not phlegm on his chest1 How do I get through to these people and convince them? DR Stoner said I should as the CASE OFFICER TO contact him to clarify this horrible matter!

Will it be advisable for me to send an email to my case officer telling her that the panel doctors has informed us that he has no signs and symtoms of TB? Could the visa be declined if I email her this? Will they consider him for the visa still?

PLEASE HELP!

FRENCHIE

Hello Frenchie,

Just get your husband to go for the full TB and HIV test at any one of the approved doctors and get the doctor to right up the report and send it to the LCU, with a note that they are welcome to contact him for any further clarification. Don't argue with them, or refuse to go for the testing - they will just deny the visa. Follow their instructions and they will see that your hubby does not have TB and will process from there.

Cheers

Ajay

:ilikeit: Ditto from me!

It will be better to "over-engineer" in just about everything in your application. in my experience it was beteer in all matters rather give too much info than too little.

With all due respect to my adopted country, they are very much inclined to work to "recipes" over here! :P

Hi Frenchie,

As Ajay mentioned- comply with DIMA's instructions, by obtaining the requested medical reports and if your husband is given the all-clear for TB, there should be no problems. Occasionally an undertaking may be requested which will require you to have follow-up medical appointments Australia to rule out the possibility of active TB.

Regards,

Fiona

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

Hi Frenchie,

Friend of ours had to do TB as well. His Visa was approved within two weeks of sending off the results!

Good luck

Elmare

Dear all

Thanks for all the comments and advice. Unfortunately they could not get any sputum to do the tests and thus the pulmonoligist who did the thorough examination wrote a report and I have to submit it with the HIV Results.

Lets just hope and pray that they will be fine with this information.

WISH US LUCK

REGARDS

FRENCHIE AND FAMILY

Hi Frenchie,

As long as you have consulted with a doctor on the panel, then I think that they will accept the contents of the report. If you've gone to a private pulmonologist, then rather make an appointment with one of the panel doctors (or whoever DIMA referred you to in their letter) and get him/her to write the report.

Keep us informed

Ajay