Renewing SA passport: Fingerprints

GottaGo

Get all the forms here

Send off for the finger print form. When it arrives, don't bother calling to ask them if you do in fact need it (as per instructions on the letter because you do). Call the federal police in your state, tell them you need to organise finger printing in your city, they will put you through to your nearest office. Costs $26 and you need to make an appt. Take the B1-73 form that needs a section filling in by them and your passport pics so they can stamp them on the back.

In Perth I went into the city (Murray St - near Harbour Town FYI. Lots of on street parking with half hour bays.)

I was in and out within 10 minutes. Possibly even less.

Now to post it all off and wait!!

My son got charged $42 at Hornsby Police Station in Sydney for his fingerprints. No mention of this on the High Commission website. Fortunately the police officer did give him a receipt so I guess the money will go for a good cause.

Are we talking about electronic or ink prints?

We also had to do ink prints for PCC and went into our local cop shop and got it done without any charge...???

Oh...well, there you go. Information sharing is a great help, ne?

The aunty at the High Commission said to call the federal police because I asked if it was easily done at one's local police station.

(And, yes, we sre talking an SA passport afterall. So good old fashioned ink!)

Hubby applied for a new passport in March this year. Had to email High Commission for fingerprint form. They emailed back within a day attaching the required form stating he only need thumb prints and we need to send a copy of the email with all the forms for the application. A very helpful lady a Runaway Bay Police station helped him with no charge. IF you have you photos taken tell the photographer that you need the photos for a SA passport. Different requirements for different countries. Send everything off with a self addressed stamped envelope and was prepared for a long long wait. 3 months and a couple of days later we had the passport in hand.

• 3 months later...

Hi

has anyone recently emailed the High Commision in Canberra? I am trying to obtain the fingerprint form by way of emailing them (as per their instructions on the website) but my email keeps bouncing back. So frustrating! This is the email address that is on the site : immigration.canberra@foreign.gov.za

ta muchly!

Get all the forms here

Send off for the finger print form. When it arrives, don't bother calling to ask them if you do in fact need it (as per instructions on the letter because you do). Call the federal police in your state, tell them you need to organise finger printing in your city, they will put you through to your nearest office. Costs $26 and you need to make an appt. Take the B1-73 form that needs a section filling in by them and your passport pics so they can stamp them on the back.

In Perth I went into the city (Murray St - near Harbour Town FYI. Lots of on street parking with half hour bays.)

I was in and out within 10 minutes. Possibly even less.

Now to post it all off and wait!!

Hi

has anyone recently emailed the High Commision in Canberra? I am trying to obtain the fingerprint form by way of emailing them (as per their instructions on the website) but my email keeps bouncing back. So frustrating! This is the email address that is on the site : immigration.canberra@foreign.gov.za

ta muchly!

We emailed that address on 19/1/2011 and received a reply on 25/01/2011

Fuzzy

Thanks Fuzzy. I phoned them and they said they would post the forms out to me.

We emailed that address on 19/1/2011 and received a reply on 25/01/2011

Fuzzy

Archived