Advice Please !!!

LeaveLeft

Ok... so the company I work for decided that it would make better business sense to move the entire office to Brisbane. :) We have not decided yet as to if we are going with, as I would like enough information to make an informed decision.

Except for 2 or 3 friends in Brisbane... I know NOTHING about the place !!! :blink:

The office will be in the city... So I reckon it would be public transport... :unsure: Now here is my dilemma... What areas are family friendly with good schools and daycare ! Areas with parks and open spaces... areas where it will not take me forever to get to the city...

Please !!! I need heaps of info... both the good and the bad!!!

What to do... what to do...????

LL

Ok... so the company I work for decided that it would make better business sense to move the entire office to Brisbane. :blush: We have not decided yet as to if we are going with, as I would like enough information to make an informed decision.

Except for 2 or 3 friends in Brisbane... I know NOTHING about the place !!! :blink:

The office will be in the city... So I reckon it would be public transport... :ilikeit: Now here is my dilemma... What areas are family friendly with good schools and daycare ! Areas with parks and open spaces... areas where it will not take me forever to get to the city...

Please !!! I need heaps of info... both the good and the bad!!!

What to do... what to do...????

LL

We are in the same situation. My husband already started working in Brisbane. We looked at all the options and fell in love with Springfield Lakes. It is very clean with a lot of parks and lakes. There is good schools and a university. They also have programs for the community like a movie by the lake for all the children or fireworks by the lake.

Thanks Kit and Mareeki !!!

Also thanks HouseInOz for the PM !!

Just wish it was not so difficult to make this decision...

Do you plan to use the train or the bus for public transport? The train is the fastest way to get to the city. So I recommend looking along the train line. Ferny Grove is quite green and has a train station, and takes half an hour to the city. There are some nice areas further north too. Narangba is still quite rural in many parts, with parks and good schools - I hear Narangba Valley State Primary School is good. It is also close to Redcliffe and Deception Bay, so you have the sea close by, with the Sunshine Coast not too far away, and even the Gold Coast is not too far a drive away, as there's a good highway. It takes about 45 minutes to the city by train from Narangba, even though it's over 30km to the city. We are quite close to the city, near Kenmore, but not too close to a train station, and it can take quite a while to get there travelling by bus and then train - travelling by car is a breeze though. I've heard Bracken Ridge to the north is nice, and there are lots of South Africans apparently near Cleveland, close to Redland Bay, where there's also a train line. Brisbane is really a big place!

(Edited: typos)

Do you plan to use the train or the bus for public transport? The train is the fastest way to get to the city. So I recommend looking along the train line. Ferny Grove is quite green and has a train station, and takes half an hour to the city. There are some nice areas further north too. Narangba is still quite rural in many parts, with parks and good schools - I hear Narangba Valley State Primary School is good. It is also close to Redcliffe and Deception Bay, so you have the sea close by, with the Sunshine Coast not too far away, and even the Gold Coast is not too far a drive away, as there's a good highway. It takes about 45 minutes to the city by train from Narangba, even though it's over 30km to the city. We are quite close to the city, near Kenmore, but not too close to a train station, and it can take quite a while to get there travelling by bus and then train - travelling by car is a breeze though. I've heard Bracken Ridge to the north is nice, and there are lots of South Africans apparently near Cleveland, close to Redland Bay, where there's also a train line. Brisbane is really a big place!

(Edited: typos)

Thank you for the info... will definately have a look at the areas you suggested.

Hi LeaveLeft,

I asked a South African friend of mine living in Brisbane (14 years) where he think the best area is to stay and this was his answer below.

------------------

In Brisbane maak dit nie regtig baie saak waar jy bly nie. As jy naby a swemstrand wil wees is Noord beter en die verkeer aan die Noorde kant is nie so erg soos Suid nie. Suid is 'n nagmerrie!!!

North Lakes is in my opinie over priced en die grond is klein. Warner, Cashmere of Eatons Hill is goed as jy groter grond soek of Bracken Ridge het kleiner blokke maar huise daar bied minder waarde vir geld. Waar ons bly in Bunya Riverside kan jy ook nou 'n paar goeie bargains optel en ons is 19km van die middestad.

Van ons huis is dit ongeveer 20km na die see maar dit is nie swem strande nie. Vir dit moet jy aan die Noordekant van Redcliffe bly wat dan weer ver van die stad is. Ek ry liewer die langer afstand na die strand as elke dag werk toe.

Archived