Frozen shoulder...

Kangabok

I am struggling with a frozen shoulder; been at the physio now since July and in her opinion we are now "stuck" as my shoulder is not improving to conservative treatment. She advised me to go back to the GP and to be referred to a orthopaedic surgeon for cortisone injections in the joint itself. Besides the pain coming and going, it is taking its toll emotionally due to the restriction in movement of my arm.

Anybody else who can advise re this, please PM me.

My daughter-in-law and I spoke about this, just last night, as she had this condition about two years ago. Also got to the stage that nothing was helping. Someone then made the suggestion to her to go for a swim at least once a day. All she had to do was get into the pool and take a leisurely swim for about 5 lengths of the pool. She claimed that after a month it was A1 OK.

I had problems in my left shoulder, from wrenching it, and went for the cortisone injection in the joint, just one, it seemed to do the trick!

I can't advise, not a GP etc, but i know what your going through.

My Dad had this a couple of years it, it was not nice especially to see him in pain at times and the strained movement he had, he had it in both shoulders.

All they could do was give my Dad about 8 cortisone tables a day, which he eventually reduced as things got better, now he is down to one.

Its one of those things that just needs time to heal itself.

I really feel for you and wish you a speedy recovery.

My mom also had a severe frozen shoulder, not much helped, cortisone injections and pysio etc. It lasted for about 2-3 years I think. She eventually started a really healthy lifestyle, she has always been a healthy eater / exerciser but she went extremely strict, loads of vitamins and mineral supplements, she was seeing a Chinese accupuncturist which seemed to help and eventually it did subside. Shame, very painful condition and you really have to just try do what you can to alleviate the pain, heated bags etc.

My mom also had a severe frozen shoulder, not much helped, cortisone injections and pysio etc. It lasted for about 2-3 years I think.

Same with my Dad - it lasted about 2 years

Try a chiropracter if you are not into injections. Takes quite a few sessions, but it definitely feels better after each visit till it is clear. Took me about 3 months to be completely free of the pain.

Hi

You should perhaps try a Chinese Accupuncture and Chi Gong massage. I suffered from frozen shoulder and conventional medicine could not help me so I went to a Chinese Herbalist.

I think it was the Chi Gong massage that helped , as it releases the pressure points .

Worth a try.

Good Luck

Hi

I had it last year, went for a cortisone injection in Dec 2009 and it really helped. I still can't sleep on that shoulder as I use to and if I pick my grandchild up I do it with the other arm because the arm that was infected gets tired quicker.

The dr told me it would take some time for it to get 100% better, I must just not overwork it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Linda

I didn't have a frozen shoulder, mine was Bursitis (not sure if it's the same thing) Had a cortizone in jection into the 'pocket' wich didn't help. After a few months started on a very low dose of Voltaren for a couple of weeks and it cleared up.

Strongs!! It's extremely debilitating not to mention painful when moving the arm suddely and too much. (I actually slipped on our stairs, grabbed hold of the arm rail to steady myself, and in the process moved the arm further that I should have. Ended up fainting from the pain! My hubby was besides himself with worry, and my bum was very BLUE!!)

Hey, did you see that guy on Today/Tonight last night? He has a miracle ointment for like everything...doesn't change either.

I'm on the fence about it, but hey, why not give him and his (free) stuff a go?

-G

Archived