Suburbs

kangaroo

Hi everyone!

As my parents and I are planning to visit Oz in July, we thought it a good idea to also go and have a look at suburbs in Melbourne and Adelaide.

If there is anyone that can give me an indication of what suburbs to look at in Melboune and Adelaide, I'd really appreciate it. I live in Faerie Glen, Pretoria; my parents live in Waterkloof, Pretoria. We'd like to know which suburbs in Melbourne and Adelaide offer close proximity to amenities such as shopping malls, parks, hospitals and good schools, etc, and also where most SA expats live within these cities.

I've tried to look at suburbs on the Internet, but for Melbourne alone, there seems to be hundreds! Will therefore really appreciate it if you could perhaps steer me in a bit more focused direction regarding happy, healthy, safe neighbourhoods in Melbourne and Adelaide!

Thank you! :ilikeit:

Liza

Just out of interest, I wonder if you're looking at Adelaide and its suburbs in late July or not??

There are a number of suburbs that I'd enjoy visiting in Adelaide, most of them in the eastern area and the foothills.

Burnside and adjacent suburbs offer a relaxed style and Belair / Blackwood offer more the immediate hills facing Adelaide.

If you're in Adelaide late July / August, I shall be around to show you some areas personally, just come back from a two month stay in the UK / Europe.

Let me know if you'd like a "tour guide".

Thanks a lot, Bob

At least I now know where to start with Adelaide! Looks like we'll be in Australia (Melbourne and Adelaide) during the first two weeks of July - will you then be in Adelaide or still in Europe? It'd be fantastic to have you as our 'official' Adelaide tour guide to show us some of the areas you recommend! Will PM/mail you once I have final dates for Adelaide (should have it by next week at latest), providing of course that you'll be in Oz during the first two weeks of July.

Can anyone give an indication of Melbourne suburbs?

Thanks again :ilikeit:

Liza