Anti emmigration books

Swerwer

It looks like there are some books actually discouraging people from emmigrating to Australia etc.

Have a look at:

Why I'll never live in oz again

Author: Andrew Donaldson; Andrew Whely; John Wardell; Josef Talotta; Tim Richman

Has anybody read this book? Any comments?

Edited by Swerwer

Don't worry: sore losers will always try to justify their cowardice failures by trying to get others to fail also there where they couldn't make it...

This is what the description of the book says:

"A pro-SA stab at the flaws of the supposedly greener pastures that many South Africans have fled to in recent times; specifically, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, the US and Canada. Five South African journalists have written about their respective experiences living overseas: the result is a collection of meaningful insights into cultures and countries that - whether over-regulated, mired in mediocrity, insidiously bigoted, lost in disturbing priorities or just plain boring – we thought we knew, but didn't really. Only a Saffer who's lived there can really know..."

Here is my take on it:

it says: pro-SA

read: anti-Australia, New Zealand, the UK, the US and Canada

it says: supposedly greener pastures

read: they thought it would be handed on a plate, but couldn't smoke the pipe.

it says: South Africans have fled to

read: fled? try chased by an anti-white governement, AA and BEE laws

it says: Five South African journalists

read: Five South African LOSERS

it says: respective experiences living overseas

read: their respective ass-whippings! How about low, civilised crime (no hate murders or sensless violence) found in the mentioned countries? Jobs? No taxi's? No low-IQ 'natives'??

it says: collection of meaningful insights

read: meaningful to whom? like I said, you fail, you cry, you try to justify...

it says: whether over-regulated, mired in mediocrity, insidiously bigoted, lost in disturbing priorities or just plain boring

read: this oke is talking of south Africa now?? everything stated describes South Africa to the letter! Those things are exactly why SA is failing!

it says: Only a Saffer who's lived there can really know...

read: yes, we know, but only saffers who couldn't make it in a foreign place far from mommy, crying themselves to sleep every night will write a crappy book like that, trying to justify their OWN failure to adapt, something which is the characteristics of a TRUE south african, not some momma's-boy's sissies like themselves!

How about putting THAT in your book, chinas??

Edited by JohanB

Hi Swerwer

I read the chapter that dealt with Australia. In fact he does not discourage you, he merely highlights the experience he has had in Australia and how it compared to South Africa. He discusses Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth and he highlights the good aspects about these cities and the aspects of the cities that he found unpleasant. Australia, in his opinion is an over regulated country where you could be fined for just about anything. I found some of the incidents he described quite hilarious, that showed the weird side of Australians. I don't think it is an anti emmigration book, it is just a sober comparison of first hand experience of an individual who has lived in Australia for 4 years.

My opinion... the books title is misleading, because it deals with "why I will never live in UK, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand"

In fact one of the discussions on the forum has dealt with the things you dislike about Australia and many forumites contributed to this discussion.

I have found it to be entertaining reading, displaying the experiences of people who have lived in the countries mentioned above. It would be great for some of the forumites to write a book entitled : "Why I choose to remain in OZ" (positive experiences that reinforce your decision)

Cheers

It would be great for some of the forumites to write a book entitled : "Why I choose to remain in OZ" (positive experiences that reinforce your decision)

Cheers

Yes :thumbdown::ilikeit::hug: , if somebody could write this book, maybe ask forumites and expats elsewhere to describe experience in Oz, first few years and after they are 'settled'. We have to compare a 'settled' life in Oz with 'settled life in SA' after all.

The first few years in new country will always be hard and a bit stormy.

...But I'd rather have a little of a gypsie life for a while than living in a jail, looking over my shoulder, wondering what will be left for my children.

So who's volunteering for this book? We have excellent authors on here!

Edited by Bianca.UK

Why not start one at www.blogger.com

Each person who wants to can write a chapter of their own experience, we combine everything and whala, there is your book!

.....and income generated go towards welcoming new immigrants, something like SAOz Forum Club in Oz, socials for expats - so everybody benefits (?).

Don't worry: sore losers will always try to justify their cowardice failures by trying to get others to fail also there where they couldn't make it...

:thumbdown: Exactly, immigration isn't for sissies & I would sell my mother in law to go & live in Aus.

Any roylaties for the book suggestion ?????? :lol: or at least a mention. I always wanted my name up in lights. Unfortnately I can't contribute, because I haven't lived in OZ, but I still think it is a great idea. :D

Hehe, do you get better compensated if you can write a chapter on more than one country, after all, I could write about the USA, NZ and Australia!

I think it would be a great idea, and probably a best seller, anybody got access to Oprah's bookclub? Definitely be on the best sellers list then!

Hi Guys,

I think this idea is BRILLIANT and a great team effort :D

But surely anyone who's anyone can contribute, like why we are going through the process to leave because it is a hard decision and process but we do it...

Either way, it'll be good for those considering the big step to see how people feel that have already done it, so they know there's so many out there doing it and do well too :ilikeit:

Great one guys :lol::(

A friend of mine living in Esperance WA was asked recently if he missed South Africa, his reply was he missed South Africa when he still lived there and thats why he is here, how can you see and enjoy a country where you have to remain locked up all day and night, cant even drive your car with the window down to enjoy the smoggy Jhb air........

I dont like Australia .... I love it.