First week in Sydney

Bells

Hi all

We got our 457 approval yesterday :blink: YYYYIIIIIPPPPEEEEE!!!! :lol: Now it all seems real!!

Can book tickets through IOM next week for around 15-18 March. I have been scoutting the web for accommodation that will suit kidz (twin boys age 5) and is reasonable but have only managed to come up with hotels or apartments more geared up for business execs! :) Was hoping to find more holiday self catering apartments in the Hills area....any suggestions from those who have been there done that???

Counting down........

Can u believe they robbed :huh: all the patrons at our local Spur last week.....the walls are closing in.......shocking !!!

Welcome!!!

Best is to watch the rentals on www.wotif.com.au You will get real bargains there, but you can only book from I think 28 days in advance, but you will get real bargains. We are going to Syds in mid March, have booked flights, but waiting on accommodation closer to the time.

On wotif, you can select the North West or was it West and it comes up with all available places in that area.

If you are looking at Caravan Parks. Best is to look at www.big4.com.au - I think there is 2 or 3 in the hills area.

Cheers

Hi,

I live in Dural in the Hills area and there is a caravan park up the road. I often drive past the place, but haven't been to have a close look. There is a bus service in the same road. Look at http://www.duralvillage.com.au/ .

SAS

Apartments in the Hills area: http://www.sydneyhillsaustralia.com/direct...ries.asp?id=451 They do cater for families with kids and you get 2 bedroom apartments with a kitchen, lounge etc. How long were you planning on staying in an apartment? It's OK for a short period, but can be a bit on the expensive side. Would it not be better to rent a house & the basics instead? Our apartment was $325 per day and the rent on our house is $370 per week. To rent furniture would not cost that much - you can get a quote @ www.livingedge.com.au Alternatively a caravan park is also a good option - as SASydneysider suggested. It's not at all like the ones you may imagine : they have cabins (some with en-suite) with all the necessary things you'll need.

Thanks ladies.....this is exactly the info I have been looking for.......!!!

We want to get into renting asap......have made my short list of places like Sunshine Sister suggested and just hope they are still available in March!!

Will keep you posted!! :ilikeit: