1 Month

Fly2oz2

So, it's been 4 weeks since our arrival here in beatifull Brisbane.

I startde work last monday, and once again, it was a bit of a culture shock.

The ausies are very regulated - werk volgens die boek.

And it is not neceserally a bad thing, just have to get used to it.

I am gratefull, that my workmates are a great bunch of guys, willing to help me and get me up to speed.

Fortunately it is a big muticultural company, my boss is an ex South African - his boss.....an ex South African.

Friday afternoon, other afrikaans fellow workers and I were chatting "land en sand".

I thank God that my wife also got a job last week, will be starting in a few weeks.

The people at church were amazing so far, most sundays up to now, we get back home late afternoon, tired, van al die ge-kuier.

Trying to find a house before our container arrives is a tiresome and sometimes scary proces, since we don't know the city, but the agents ( one an ex South African - go figure) are very helpfull. We'll get there.

For those not here yet, be prepared for the shock to your system, in being away from your family and friends. I suppose everybody have a different experience, but to me that is the toughest part. Just be prepared - I'n not joking !!!

Regards

Fly2oz

Congrats on surviving the first month! Seems like July is a popular month to land in Brisbane :(

Glad you are settling in all right, en ja, die Afrikanertjies is sommer oral!

Yesterday my niece was of the opinion that Afrikaans must be the second most popular language in Australia (that was before she remembered the Chinese....)

Hoop julle kry sommer gou 'n lekker nessie om in te bly!

Where do you want to settle? Try to cut

driving to a minimum.

Lovely SA's every where! We are in Kenmore Hills.

We are looking at Carindale, Murarrie and Wakerley.

But who knows......

Congrats on your 1st month, finding jobs and and settling in :P we'll be in Brisbane "soon" eventually :blush:

HouseInOz - our friends there say the same thing... I think we'll have to find a place to stay depending on where I find work.

Congrats on surviving the first month. I think every month gets a bit easier.

Glad to hear you and your wife both have jobs, congrats! :blush:

All the best with the house hunting...I know what you mean, it's tough when you don't know the areas.

Archived