Punch Recipe

KathyW

Hi guys,

Does anybody have a good Punch Receipe?

My daughter turns 15 and having the party this weekend, so I have promised I will make a punch with maybe a light alcohol drink in it, but I have never made these before, I suppose my bottle is much easier to open and pour...ha...ha....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Does anybody have a good Punch Receipe?

My daughter turns 15 and having the party this weekend, so I have promised I will make a punch with maybe a light alcohol drink in it, but I have never made these before, I suppose my bottle is much easier to open and pour...ha...ha....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Off topic but is it legal here to serve alcohol to under 18s? And say I went to a resturant with a 16 year old could they have a half glass of champagne for chirstmas/new years/birthday that kind of thing?

Hi Jackie,

Nope the same legal age here as SA and that is 18 years old, but we just doing this for a few of her girlfriends and the family at home on Saturday night.

It's just for enjoyment and a good get together with our teens again.....

All I can think of is Sangria or Caprihna (sp) or maybe dom pedros instead of punch?

Im not really a punch kind of person. I dont drink often but when i do I usually go straight for Tequila... :unsure:

You maybe want an absolutely wonderful alcohol-free sangria, not even your alcohol-drinking friends would believe doesn't have alcohol in ? Try this:

1 Litre red grape juice, 100%

1 Litre white grape juice, 100%

1 cup prune juice (if you don't find on the shelves, soak 250g of dried prunes in 1 L filtered water for at least 24 hrs, drain and use the syrup)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon ginger

¼ teaspoon nutmeg

rind of 1 lemon and 1 orange - use zester, or grate on fine side of grater.

Add the juice of the lemon and orange if you like.

Combine with crushed ice, dilute with sparkling mineral water as required,

OR:

Leave ice and sparkling water and heat through to serve as a mulled 'wine' in winter.

ENJOY !

Try this one, if you are seving alchol to minor better get their parents permission.

Champagne Strawberry Punch- Nice and festive

Ingredients

1 (750 milliliter) bottle champagne

1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled

560 g frozen strawberries, partially thawed

Directions

In a large punch bowl, combine champagne, ginger ale and strawberries. Gently stir and serve.

Serves 14

For a Non Alcholic Version - just leave out the rum !!!

Ingredients:

6 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries

170 mls Lime Juice

3/4 cup light rum or unsweetened pineapple juice

500 lemononade , chilled

2 cups ice cubes

8 - 10 fresh strawberries (optional)

Instructions:

If using fresh strawberries, remove stems and caps. For frozen strawberries, thaw the berries after measuring; do not drain.

Place strawberries, half at a time, in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover; blend or process until smooth. Transfer blended berries to a large pitcher. Stir in lime juice and light rum or pineapple juice. Cover; chill until serving time.

Just before serving, stir in the lemononade and the ice. If desired, garnish with whole berries. Makes 8 to 12 servings.

Make-Ahead Tip: Combine blended berries with lime juice and rum or pineapple juice. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. Add lemonade and ice just before serving.

Enjoy

Thanks for the receipe's. Actually it is only 6 of her mates, and I already checked with the Parents and apparentely their daughters do share a drink with them with they braai, I was actually quite shocked when I heard that, but said it only goes as far as Punch and nothing stronger.

I find it amazing how many parents have said they would rather their teenagers be honest with them about drinking and do it at home than do it behind their backs and these are girls all between the ages of 14 - 16yrs. Like I said before it is only a Punch, otherwise they will have cookies and Milo ha..ha...

I made vodka jelly shots for my son's birthday party on Friday.

You could make them really weak so the kids think they are all grown up...

They love them!

Aaaah, that sounds good too, so share the love here now Eva.......lol......

OOh, I love jelly shots!!

we make them for all parties we have at home. I have made them with vodka before but they were very strong! Have also had them with tequila.

the best ones we have made are with apple sourz. we just replace the cold liquid that is needed to make the jelly with the alcohol. The sourz jelly shots are really mild and always go down well.

I substituted 1/4 of the liquid with vodka...

Make the jelly as usual with the hot water, allow it to cool, then add half the cold water and the other half vodka.

Pour into the little plastic shot glasses you can buy at any cheapie shop after you have 'spray and cooked' them and allow to chill in the fridge till set, a few hours.

Yummy!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that your daughters party went well.

Regards

Enrica

Hi Enrica,

Sorry just saw this now.

Yeah it did go well, had no unwelcome guests at all, she must have had about 20/25 kids come, all well behaved (wished I could say the same about me), I was so stressed out with all the stories of gate crashers and watching these kids all the time, I was a nervous wreck.

Anyway, after all the Punch scenerio was on the go, I just had a feeling that afternoon and decided to not do the Punch thing.

I think when she turns 18 we will do the Punch thing.

Thanks anyway, kids......., to try do the best hey....

Cheers

Archived