Visiting Perth

andrea_vk

HI people in Perth,

I am going to Perth to sort out something and thinking of staying then a couple of days. If so, what can I see in a couple of days, I would have probably no transport, just public transport. and will be there with two kids. Where can I stay cheaply, and that is convenient to see something of Perth.

I would also look around in case that I like it to live there.

I have been to the centre of the city already before, and tried to go in a cruise but they were canceled because of the weather.

I found this Scarborough Observation Resort / DOes anybody know it? Is it worth going there?

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thank you.

Andrea

Hi I know where the OBH is in SCarborough, it is quite far from the train and bus station, you would need to catch a bus to get to the station, it is not too far from town though. I must say it will be quite hard to see a lot of Perth with no hire car etc. Would you be wanting to look at neighbourhoods to live in etc?? Have a look at Great Eastern Motor Lodge, we stayed there when we landed, its not 5 star but its a place to sleep and there is a bus stop near there and the bus goes straight to town as its very close.

Hi Candice Thank you. I will think what I do. Not sure if looking at suburbs, just wanted to see if I like Perth netter, since I heard is beautiful. since I need to go and fetch my son who is traveling back from SA, I thought of staying for a couple of nights. I will look at the hotel you gave me. Thank you. Andrea

I agree with Candice, if you just want to do sightseeing, I would perhaps look at staying in the City rather than Scarbourgh beach area or even The Great eastern Motor Lodge.

To answer your question Observation Rise is great, and of course you have the ebach. Lots of resturants close by, but a hasstle if you are using public transport to get around.

If possible rather hire a car and then you can stay in Scarbourgh Beach area.

If you are going to stay in teh City perhaps look at the Mounts Bay Water apartmnents ,

Ideally located between Kings Park and the Swan River and just a few minutes walk to the city centre

http://www.mounts-bay.com.au/

Or for something cheaper perhaps look at the City Stay Apartments. They are located in Wellington street , and within walking distance to the city centre and train staion.

http://www.citystay.com.au/

Hope that helps.

Regards

Enrica

The Mounts Bay apartments are really nice, we were booked in there originally but it was too far from hubbys work. The city is great but its hard to get a feel of Perth just by visiting the city, the reason i love Perth is Swan Valley and Perth hill, I would recommend trying to get out to see Swan Valley it is so beautiful. Send me a PM if you would like to meet for coffee etc while you are here or if you need ideas for places to see.

Archived