Zimbabwe Comes To Kalgoorlie

Maritana

Hi All, Noticed this article in yesterday's "Kalgoorlie Miner" 4/08/2010 - Midweek Business Report

"Zimbabwean handicrafts, canvas artwork, stone carvings and imported furniture are just some of the beautiful items on display at the Habebe's Homewares on Hannan Street.

Combining her love of art and interior design, owner Carol Hicks was encouraged by friends and family to pursue her dream of opening her own homewares store. My desire is to provide the community with unique gifts, artwork and furniture to decorate their homes.

Growing up in Zimbabwe, Mrs Hicks was inspired to use her flair for interior design to help those less fortunate than herself. Handicrafts in Habebe's have been bought directly from the markets in Zimbabwe, which helps support local artists and gives children an opportunity to attend school.

......Previously working in administration and banking, Mrs Hicks is a first timer in the retail industry. Inspired by her love for Egypt, Habebe means "my love" and has already generated much interest since it opened."

It is good to see this lady having a go at setting up her own business in Kalgoorlie's main street and hopefully it will be a success. I will make a point of checking out this shop this weekend.

will definately pop in to have a look - when we back for 'diggers & dealers' next year :rolleyes:

Hi Patrice, Did you have a good time at Diggers & Dealers' this year? It seems like it was very well attended again and there were lots of photos of it in the paper.

Archived