To find a job as teacher in Queensland

DaleenB

Hi, I will appreciate some advice. I have read the topic on finding a job in South Australia as teacher - is the procedure the same in Queensland? We will be landing in Brisbane on the 8th of January 2011. We have our PR visas but according to our visas we have to stay in Brisbane. My son is currently studying at the University of Pretoria and will finish his degree as a teacher at the end of this year. He is currently busy with his practical teaching experience. What is the possibility for him to get a job as a teacher in Queensland and what is the procedure to get registered as a teacher in Queensland? The school where he is doing his practical teaching in Pretoria offered him a teaching position next year but I really want him to consider the options in Australia as well - he also has a PR visa. Please help!

Daleen, You have to register with Queensland teachers college. It costs about R1500 and it takes about 3 to 4 months. Everything is on the website and you do it online. You also then send all your certified documents to them via post. Get this done because mine took 4 months. Then you are eliglbel to teach in Queensland.

All the best. Mine was approved this week. I am now activily searching for jobs in the internet. I hope to have one when I arrive at the end of this term .

Regards

Joanna

Daleen, You have to register with Queensland teachers college. It costs about R1500 and it takes about 3 to 4 months. Everything is on the website and you do it online. You also then send all your certified documents to them via post. Get this done because mine took 4 months. Then you are eliglbel to teach in Queensland.

All the best. Mine was approved this week. I am now activily searching for jobs in the internet. I hope to have one when I arrive at the end of this term .

Regards

Joanna

Thanks Joanna! Did you do it while you were still in South Africa or do you need to be in Queensland before you can register? Please let me know how it is going with the job search. They haven't graduated yet so I suppose we must also wait for him to finish this year before he can be registered?

Daleen look at the website of all private

schools in Brisbane. Please also check St Peters

Lutheran College as they are the biggest

private school in Aus (they are in Brisbane). They have a job section, etc.

Also there is a Christian college with a

RSA principal in the south of Brisbane, check their

website. (Ask on this forum for the name.)

Goodluck!!

Thanks - I will definitely look at the websites and try to find something for him. The school where he is doing his teaching experience now as part of his studies in Pretoria today offered him a job for next year!! I really don't want him to stay in Pretoria - will try my best to get him to give it a go in Brisbane!!

Thanks Joanna! Did you do it while you were still in South Africa or do you need to be in Queensland before you can register? Please let me know how it is going with the job search. They haven't graduated yet so I suppose we must also wait for him to finish this year before he can be registered?

Go to queensland teacher college web site. QTC and give them a call. I applied end of March and I only got it this week ! You have some time on your hands now, but he doesn have the qualifications yet.

Perhaps they will let ou start the process and then send his final qualification inwhen you get it ?

Good luck !

i leave for the gold coast end of Sept

Joanna

Archived