Jobs advertised everywhere!

HouseInOz

In the past 2 days, I have seen notices up where ever I want to shops, offices. It is quite comforting to know that if you are prepared to work, work is available in Brisbane.

In the past 2 days, I have seen notices up where ever I want to shops, offices. It is quite comforting to know that if you are prepared to work, work is available in Brisbane.

This is so good to know. Our PR Visas has been granted in 2008 and we will be landing in Brisbane on the 8th of January 2011. We have the kind of jobs for which you will not get a job offer while still in South Africa and even when we are in Brisbane we most probably will have to do something else. I have my own real estate agency in Pretoria specializing in property management for the last 11 years and my husband is an attorney but he did not do the conversion as yet. I have done the necessary course to be able to register as a property manager in Queensland with distance education must I be there to register. We thought to ourselves that we will do any job if we get there and if you say there is work available I am sure we will be able to find something to do. I have a lot of experience as secretay and in the admin field and hopefully will find something in that field or I don't mind working as a cashier, as long as I can find a job! At this stage this is our biggest concern as we have a big family! Sometimes I do get a panick attack just thinking of goving over without a job - this forum helped me - apparently most agree that you have to be in Australia before you will find a job!

DaleenB

You are SO right.

The jobs advertised where for:-

Bus drivers (on the back of a bus)

Staff at a clothing shop

Delivering magazine/newsletter

Casual wait staff at a restaurant

Queensland Transport looking for staff

If you are looking for a property management job, contact me closer to the time. I will ask our agent whom we rented for. Just stay away from Rental Express as they do not have a good track record (both for renting from them and for job security)

No panic attacks - if you want to work - you WILL find work!

DaleenB

You are SO right.

The jobs advertised where for:-

Bus drivers (on the back of a bus)

Staff at a clothing shop

Delivering magazine/newsletter

Casual wait staff at a restaurant

Queensland Transport looking for staff

If you are looking for a property management job, contact me closer to the time. I will ask our agent whom we rented for. Just stay away from Rental Express as they do not have a good track record (both for renting from them and for job security)

No panic attacks - if you want to work - you WILL find work!

Thank you so much! I will try to keep the panic attacks in control! Will do anything - just need to earn some dollars ! Will definitely contact you sooner to the time. Can't wait to be in Brisbane - our alarm went off yesterday evening 2 times and been running around in the house looking if you can find out what is wrong! Don't want to live like this anymore!!!

I completely agree with HouseInOz, once you're in Aus it's much easier to find work. It took us a while to secure the jobs, but when we came over in Jan, things were very quiet. We're hoping to pop over to Brissies at some stage in the future, but trying to build up some Aus work experience first.

I agree, try not to panic, things will work out, especially if you're willing to do some admin work in the meantime. Have a browse on Seek.com.au and see what kind of jobs are being advertised.

All the best!

Just thought I would state, once again, that it is not a good idea to land in Australia in January... it is the holiday month in Australia, nothing happens, no decisions are made, almost nobody is in real working mode, even the schools are not open...MUCH better to arrive at the beginning of February, when the country is coming back to life again!

I have to agree with Mara

Everyone is still in holiday mode until the first or second week of February when the kids go back to school( around Feb 4th in Queensland)- I don't know if you have booked your flights, but if you can, look at maybe even March ( flights might be cheaper then too)

• 3 weeks later...

We're planning on flying out on 30 Jan... which means we'd 'start' in Aus on 1 Feb... is that ok? :P:lol: I think we should be ok as we have some money to tide us over for quite a while, even if I don't get a job at all... :blush:

Once again this week , driving to school,

I saw jobs advertised on a black board

at the side of the road.

Also google a website called www.find ...?

Then have a look online at the local newspapers.

Everyone is still in holiday mode until the first or second week of February when the kids go back to school( around Feb 4th in Queensland)- I don't know if you have booked your flights, but if you can, look at maybe even March ( flights might be cheaper then too)

Queensland (State) Schools go back to school on the 27th January.

Archived