Hi everyone, what now

goingsolo

Hi there everyone.

I have been following this forum for about two years now and hopefully someone out there can help with some advice. We applied for a 175 visa in July 2008. Since then we have sold our house, business etc. We have been renting a small unit keeping our money safe and basically lying low until we recieve our visas.

Now the tricky part. my de facto partner(ie not married) has decided that she now wants out of the relationship and no longer wants to go to Oz as she wants to be with this other person. I still want to go with our two boys.

Scenario 1: The visas are issued without being notified by a CO ,this has happened before when all you info has been correctly uploaded online.This leaves me with a problem if she does not want to go with us to have them validated.

Scenario 2: I notify DIAC about the change in circumstance, then who do I take off the visa if I am even allowed to do this.

Scenario 3: I take her off the visa application then have a huge battle for custody.

If anyone has been in a similar situation your input would be much appreciated. Thanks

This is a toughie - so sorry to hear about your situation. I have no answer for you. I just hope and pray for the best advise specially for your boys' future. Will their mother let you take them to Australia without her - or is she against it.... (is that the custody battle you're talking about?) I'm also guessing you're the main applicant?

Good luck! (you've obviously had enough bad luck to last a while!)

Welcome to the forum goingsolo.

No answers to your questions, but just want to say I hope you can work things out, it does sound like you are in a really tough position!

There are probably some agents on the forum who could give you the proper answers to your questions.

Welcome to the forum.

Who is the main applicant? You are your De Facto?

It makes a difference as to how we try answer the questions.

As to the custody battle, the question comes down to whether your DR wants your kids to have a better life in Aus or does the DF want to keep the kids in RSA. My only advise is try work it out with the kids best interest at heart before going to the courts to get your best interest.

Hi guys thanks for the feedback.

Yes I am the main applicant, and yes we all want the best for the kids future unfortunately human beings are sometimes the worst at times.

I suppose the safest bet for now is to leave things as they are and when I do get a CO assigned to me, let them know what the situation is then.

Luckily I am currently employed at a international company who transfer people all the time to Sydney and Perth. I am hoping things will work out in the end.

Good luck Goingsolo!!

At the end it will all work out for the best :)

Good Luck Mate , Have faith and keep strong , Things will work out for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Goingsolo,

How about you convince her to go through with the aplication and get visas for all of you. What she does with her visa is up to her but at least you can brings the boys over to validate theirs. The benefit is this - After 4 years in Australi you can apply for citizenship, and if they are under 16 years old when you apply, they can become citizens also at that stage (as part of your application), even if they have only ever been in Australia for one day. They will be grateful for this later on in life.

As far as the custody goes... visa or no visa, she will no doubt put up a fight. Good luck with that, I hope you have better luck than me on that front.

Hi Guys

We have discussed the whole thing and have agreed to do the sensible thing and get the visas validated as we both know how life can send a person down different roads. At the end of the day we did the application for the kids so the only ones who will be short changed if we do something stupid is them. Just a bit of advice to everyone out there. When you have applied for the visa and must now endure the long wait, DO NOT stop living and enjoy the last years here in this country. Try and do more with your family than you have ever done before. DO NOT try and save every penny and just stop living. The visa WILL eventually come just don't stop enjoying a good life while waiting for it.

GOOD LUCK!!! We will be waiting for you here in OZ....(PERTH). No doubt you are a very sensible guy and we wish you all the best. :ilikeit:

Archived