Tastic Rice

Enrica

Okay, I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have forgotten how to cook good old fantastic, Tastic Rice.

I have lived in Oz for 11 years, and gotten so used to cooking with Arborio, Canarolli, Sushi, Basmati, Jasmine , sticky rice etc etc etc.

I bought some Tastic Rice from weight and pay, but now I realize I cant remember how to cook this rice

Please can some one help me?

Do I rinse the rice? How many cups water to how many cups of rice? Can I season before cooking?

Thanks some one , anyone !!!

Okay, I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have forgotten how to cook good old fantastic, Tastic Rice.

I have lived in Oz for 11 years, and gotten so used to cooking with Arborio, Canarolli, Sushi, Basmati, Jasmine , sticky rice etc etc etc.

I bought some Tastic Rice from weight and pay, but now I realize I cant remember how to cook this rice

Please can some one help me?

Do I rinse the rice? How many cups water to how many cups of rice? Can I season before cooking?

Thanks some one , anyone !!!

tee, hee.......1 cup of rice into 4 cups of water....add a couple of pinches of salt - boil till tender.....drain and serve...... :ilikeit:

I never used to rinse......not sure about anyone else........gave me a good chuckle Enrica......Ps...had to edit to add....I used to let my tastic

simmer.....with lid slightly off.....?? Hope it comes out good... :ilikeit:

Erica

Thanks for coming to my rescue Erica, I will give it a bash.

4 cups of water? Wow thats a lot of water......but what do I remember hey?

Many years ago I went to a cooking dem and there was a lady from Tastic showing us some nice recipes. She said that you should never rinse Tastic as it has been pre-rinsed and then they spray vitamins on the rice for extra nutritional benefits and if you rinse it at home you're washing off the vitamins. I have no idea if that's still the case, but thought you might be interested in this little snippet. :ilikeit:

Hi Enrica

I've always done mine with 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water. I did rince the rice, but thats just me.

Telanie

I cook mine with three cups of water and a teaspoon of salt. I place it all in the pot and place it on the stove, plate turned to high. As soon as the water boils I turn it to low and let it simmer, until all the water is gone. Ready and delicious.

Wow we all cook it differently.

I put two and a half cups of water on to boil with salt, add one cup tastic, turn heat down to low simmer with lid on until water has evaporated.

That is the evaporation method, or you can just put lots of water and rice into pot, bring to boil, turn down and cook for around 20 minutes then drain rice.

I cook mine with three cups of water and a teaspoon of salt. I place it all in the pot and place it on the stove, plate turned to high. As soon as the water boils I turn it to low and let it simmer, until all the water is gone. Ready and delicious.

I vote for Mara's way because that is exactly how I do mine. Boy do I miss Tastic! I know you can get it at the SA shops but I don't always have it when I need it! I have even done my Tastic in the microwave!

I used to use 2.5 cups of water for 1 cup of rice and simmered until all the water have been absorbed/evaporated.

But I bought some Tastic yesterday (in original Tastic packaging), but it seems to have been packed for the export market (3 or 4 languages on the pack) and they only mention boiling the rice (with 6 cups of water to 1 cup of rice!!).

Stix

Archived