Anyone from Melbourne going to JHB/PTA

Willem Pretorius

Hi,

If there is someone going to Southa Africa for a visit between July and November and willing to take a small parcel with, i would appreciate it if you would contact me.

Regards

Willem

You willing to sign a sworn affidavit of the contents and provide a copy of your drivers license / passport. :huh:

My wife may be going in late October.

-G

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you mail it or can't you?

I sent a parcel just over 5kgs a couple of weeks ago to JHB, registered - cost me $34.

Why don't you mail it or can't you?

I sent a parcel just over 5kgs a couple of weeks ago to JHB, registered - cost me $34.

The question is will it arrive at its destination intact! :rolleyes:

The question is will it arrive at its destination intact! :lol:

Depends what it is and how you pack it - ours arrived A-OK.

If, for any reason i send much bigger items in the future I will use TNT express.

Hi,

I posted 2 dvd sets through Post (used their little cardbord boxes,registered) in the beginning of the year and cost $28, not really worth while.

We have posted stuff to SA last year and it never got there, disappeared.

The south african postal service is just to big of a risk as this was not the first or only time that our or our families post disappeared.

The only reason i made this request is that the stuff we want to send, are not available in SA and silly as it may sound, i desperately want it to be in SA before December and i can not afford for it to go missing. Nothing to do with the monetary value of it.

I will contact TNT Express and see what options are available.

Regards

Willie, it's best you sort this out yourself or state to people the size and weight of your package and where it's final destination (suburb) in PTA is. A lot of people only get the 23kg checked luggage and 7kg carry on. It's not much and many people have prezzies an their own stuff they want to take with. Good luck.

I've already spoken to Willie a few weeks back. Michelle and Amy are heading to SA in October and as M wants to do lots of clothes shopping in SA, their bags will be quite light. I already know what Willie wants to send and it's cool.

You forget Willie? :holy:

-G

Hi Garrick,

Never, i am deeply in debt with you.

Will send the most special items with you and try and take the rest with us later on.

Just that the guys will be getting new stock in a month or two and there is always something that catches the eye.

I am going to chat to the company,hoping they might be willing to post the other stuff, if not i will rather not purchase it.

TNT supplied an online quote of between $1600 and $2200, depending what option one use - this for one box that might weigh around 10kg.

Crazy, rather spend the R11 000 postage money in SA.

I must remove this post/request from the forum, not sure how to.

I will definitely contact you closer to the time.

Thanks again.

Regards

Willie

Archived