Taxi from the airport

JackieO

So how does it work if we want to take a taxi from the airport on Sunday?

Do the taxis have car chairs? (Not keen on the kids not using them - they are still small - or the youngest anyway)

If they dont is it legal for the kids to use seatbelts?

Will the taxi manage to fit in 4 x suitcases plus 2 adults and 2 kids?

What will it cost from the airport to the CBD?

Would it be better to take a train to the CBD and then than a taxi to the hotel?

You may want to tell us which airport and which city you are talking about!

I think you are referring to Brisbane airport, just from my experience, I think the last thing you will want to think about when you arrive tired and stressed from your trip is trying to get all of you and your suitcases onto a train. You can get a maxi cab, that is what we did, when you go outside the airport all the taxis will be lined up, they will see what you need, as far as seats for the kids I would imagine they would have them, they would surely have to.

Good luck, hope the trip goes smoothly.

Jill

Apparently children in taxis do not require car seats by law.

They do in a private vehicle. Makes no sense to me but that is how it is.

As Jill suggested a maxi cab would make more sense than a train! You WILL be shattered when you arrive in Australia!

Apparently children in taxis do not require car seats by law.

They do in a private vehicle. Makes no sense to me but that is how it is.

As Jill suggested a maxi cab would make more sense than a train! You WILL be shattered when you arrive in Australia!

I had a look tonight, I see they (maxi cabs) are not even a fraction of what I thought they would be.

I just remeber cabs in NY being so expensive so I worked on that - but $50 is totally worth a taxi!

I see the trains dont run anyway after 8pm.

Still worrying about the car seats, but will try get an answer from the taxi co.

Thanks!

Should have just asked me woman! LOL

In the taxi you have to hold them on your lap while you are strapped in. The supervisor hailed a maxi cab for us when we got there to fit all our luggage. Just ask him. If you don't book one, you still pay the normal rates (that you'd pay for a car). Our trip was about $40...

Don't stress too much about holding them. The trip to the hotel is about 20 minutes and at the time you're arriving there isn't much traffic...

Should have just asked me woman! LOL

In the taxi you have to hold them on your lap while you are strapped in. The supervisor hailed a maxi cab for us when we got there to fit all our luggage. Just ask him. If you don't book one, you still pay the normal rates (that you'd pay for a car). Our trip was about $40...

Don't stress too much about holding them. The trip to the hotel is about 20 minutes and at the time you're arriving there isn't much traffic...

I know you can hire one along with your car hire, but I also remember reading about a baby gear hire company somewhere. I'll do some digging and let you know.

Mel

Edit: Try these guys. http://www.hireforbaby.com/franchise2.php?id=136

They have a branch at every major airport.

Why don't you bring the car seat with? They are usually free to bring on most airlines and then you don't have to buy a new one. We brought a car seat, huge pram and camping cot and fit it in our rental car by some miracle!!

To hire a cab with a car seat you need to book it and the company we used (Black & White) do not allow bookings from the airport...

Archived