Hello

Burt

Hi Everyone,

My wife (Leigh-Ann also on the forum) and I have made the decision that its time to start the whole process of relocating to Aus. We have been talking about emigrating for a couple of years now, but we finally decided now is the time.

As described in Leigh-Ann's post the final straw was when 2 guys got into our living room, while we were sleeping, And I walked in on them.

We live in a complex and was under the impression that we were safe, what a wake up call!!!

I used to be the person telling Leigh-Ann she is being paranoid and that these things (house breakings ect) will never happen to us. Then it happened.

We now live in a unit, that closely resembles fort knox. But still we dont feel 100% safe.

It is due to this that I now finally gave in and decided Leigh-ann is right, we need to move, to give our children a better life, not one behind bars.

So now the long process starts, lets hope it goes smoothly

Cheers

Burt

Hi Burt,

Welcome! This is a stunning forum, you will find so much advice and assistance! Hope you will have much success in your application!

We also looked at going for 8 years - we couldn't as neither hubby nor I had skills that any country wanted until recently :)

Good luck, and shout if you need any help!

Hi Everyone,

My wife (Leigh-Ann also on the forum) and I have made the decision that its time to start the whole process of relocating to Aus. We have been talking about emigrating for a couple of years now, but we finally decided now is the time.

As described in Leigh-Ann's post the final straw was when 2 guys got into our living room, while we were sleeping, And I walked in on them.

We live in a complex and was under the impression that we were safe, what a wake up call!!!

I used to be the person telling Leigh-Ann she is being paranoid and that these things (house breakings ect) will never happen to us. Then it happened.

We now live in a unit, that closely resembles fort knox. But still we dont feel 100% safe.

It is due to this that I now finally gave in and decided Leigh-ann is right, we need to move, to give our children a better life, not one behind bars.

So now the long process starts, lets hope it goes smoothly

Cheers

Burt

Hi Burt

Good luck!! We started in 2008 and finally received our Visa Sub class 176 in May 2010. The process is not easy, but hang in there.

Welcome Burt. I used to live in Honeydew near you, and having been here for two years, I could not imagine going back to living behind prison. Also I could never go back to the traffic in your Wilgeheuwel. all those townhouses seems so depressing now that we live near the sea.

Burt, Welcomed your wife and I welcome you to. May this be the beginning of a wonderful journey!

:) Welcome Burt :ilikeit:

I'm sure you won't look back at your decision to leave or joining this forum. The people are friendly and helpful and have given myself and my hubby renewed faith in humanity, that there are still good people out there, (funny thing is seems all of them are leaving for OZ).

Good luck with your journey and feel free to ask any questions, we are still new in the process too and this forum has been invaluable to us.

Welcome :lol:

Orion25

Welcome and good luck. Definitely safer here and absolutely a great place to raise kids. :)

Hi Burt,

Sterkte met al die reelings! Kyk Noord en gaan voort en voor jy sien is alles verby en julle is hier!!

Hierdie forum is die regte plek vir al die informasie wat jy nodig het! :)

Cheers,

Welcome and good luck for the journey ahead. Not an easy one but very worth it!!

Welcome and good luck for the journey ahead. Not an easy one but very worth it!!

Ditto this and here's wishing you a smooth ride :lol:

:holy: Impatient x x

Hi Burt

Welcome and good luck - we have only been "at it" for the last 7 months and it has been quite a journey already, that is up until the abrupt halt. All the elections etc have also not helped speed up an already slow progress!

where abouts are you wanting to settle? We have decided on Melbourne and really cannot wait! We are using an agent (he is also on this forum) and has so far been excellent in all dealings and very helpful.

Good luck and shout if there is anything we can advise you on so far (and vice versa!)

Dereck & Dana

Welcome and Good Luck on your journey ahead!!

Hi Burt

Welcome and good luck - we have only been "at it" for the last 7 months and it has been quite a journey already, that is up until the abrupt halt. All the elections etc have also not helped speed up an already slow progress!

where abouts are you wanting to settle? We have decided on Melbourne and really cannot wait! We are using an agent (he is also on this forum) and has so far been excellent in all dealings and very helpful.

Good luck and shout if there is anything we can advise you on so far (and vice versa!)

Dereck & Dana

Hi,

At this stage we havent made a final decision on where we would like to stay. It will be between Perth and Melbourne.

We will start fighting that fight when we get closer to the time.

For now its first getting all the docs ready for my RPL , which is going to take some time..

Thanks again all for the great welcome,

Cheers

Burt

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the whole process

Archived