National Broadband Network

Jordy

Yippee Mandurah is one of the first to get NBN. Cant wait to see what a 100Mbps internet looks like!! :lol::lol::lol:

The places to get it first are:

Victoria – Bacchus Marsh, South Morang, Brunswick(Melbourne);

Queensland – Brisbane (inner north), Springfield Lakes, Toowoomba;Townsville

NSW – Riverstone (western Sydney), Coffs Harbour; Minnamurra/Kiama Downs (Kiama) and Armidale

South Australia – Modbury, Prospect; Willunga

Western Australia – Victoria Park (Perth), Geraldton, Mandurah;

Northern Territory – Casuarina; and

ACT – Gungahlin

:blush: Don't even want to try wondering when it will be in regional Vic :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

LOL! Thanks for posting that, I see we are also getting it in Toowoomba!!

My gaming son will be pleased...

Yippee Mandurah is one of the first to get NBN. Cant wait to see what a 100Mbps internet looks like!! . . .

I'm not sure what it looks like, but I know what it sounds like, and that is "expensive".

There are currently lots of folks living with speeds less than 1.5Mbps, not because nothing faster is available, but because of the cost of the higher speed plans.

It has to be a step in the right direction, but if you think you are going to get 100Mbps (and data quota to match) for the same as what you are paying now - you're dreaming.

Also, don't get your hopes up too soon. At each of the chosen sites, only about 3000 premises will be connected initially.

... I know what it sounds like, and that is "expensive".

if you think you are going to get 100Mbps (and data quota to match) for the same as what you are paying now - you're dreaming.

I agree with you that it sounds expensive but this is the whole point of the NBN to provide speeds comparible to what is available in other Asian countires at a cheaper price.

As you know NBN was launched in Tassie and many houses have it already. Internode is the ISP and they have released their prices which are 25 % cheaper than current ADSL 1 prices.

25Mbps line - $29.99 with 15 gig cap

50Mbps line - $39.99 with 15 gig cap

100Mbps line - $59.99 with 15 gig cap (this is what I pay AAPT at the moment for a 1.5Mbps line)

Full price list here

The only 3000 premises to start with does suck though but I fugure if the line to the city is in the rest will come quickly.

Those are not bad prices. I had seen NBN prices released by iiNet and I was not impressed - their cheapest plan is $49.95 for 25Mbps with only 10G (and with half of the 10G in 'off peak' time).

Perhaps you will be lucky enough to be included in the first 3000 in your area.

Those are not bad prices. I had seen NBN prices released by iiNet and I was not impressed - their cheapest plan is $49.95 for 25Mbps with only 10G (and with half of the 10G in 'off peak' time).

Perhaps you will be lucky enough to be included in the first 3000 in your area.

Here in SA we could only ever dream of 25Mbps/15Gb for less than R350 a month. That won't even get you 0.5Mbps/5Gb !!!

I'm looking forward to Aussie internet :)

Archived