PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Frenchie

Hi all

We are waiting for our approval for our 457 visa. Went for medicals and waiting for further instructions.

Could anyone please advise me on the following!

Once we get to OZ and been there for two years we would like to apply for Permanent Residency but I have oustanding debt with the bank and have a bad credit history. Would that have a negative effect on our application or are they not interested with our debt in SA?

Secondly, we just received our police clearances on mine is clear but not my hubby's . On his clearance its states DRUNKEN DRIVING? I contacted the department of Justice but they said we have to wait ten years for a pardon or to remove it. Will they approve our permanent residence visa if they see this conviction?

Any advice and commentgs will be greatly appreciated.

Regards to all

Frenchie

Ai Frenchie! The unfortunate happenings of the past always pop up when we least need it. I can't comment of the effect thereof on PR status - as I genuinely don't know. But the bad news regarding the bank - BIg Brother watches us - a couple of years ago my partner opened a bank account in the UK - and there on the computer screen was the entire SA banking history and rating. So in order to open a bank account and be able to qualify for credit later in OZ, I suggest you try your level best to come to a comprimise or payment schedule with the bank in SA. Good luck and just take things one day at a time. .