NEW PASSPORT

Nonnatjie

Do we have to transfer the visa label in our old passports to the new ones or do we just use both?

Hi,

You need to have a label placed in your new passport. It;s pretty simply - just take it down to your local DIAC office and they'll do it for you at no cost.

We recently did ours, transfered from our old paasport to our new one. Took less than an hour to do from time we arrived at DIAC Office to the time we left.

• 2 weeks later...
Do we have to transfer the visa label in our old passports to the new ones or do we just use both?

the latest thing from diac is paperless visas its all online and they dont like putting it in your passport. needed mine to get medicare card and they did not want to put in passport said not nessessary but medicre said it was went back and forth till got it

• 3 weeks later...
I use both passports, and had no trouble.

Really? How did that work? Did you just arrive in Australia and showed both passports?

I also used both my old and new passport. Travelled on new passport, and when they wanted to see visa i showed it to them in my old passport. That is how i travelled on the way to aus. we had our visas renewed while we were there and they put the new visa in my new passport. but i had no hassles with having my visa in my old passport. that was back in 2008

Archived