Where do I get?

HouseInOz

I bought an oak bedroom suite for the one daughter,

and need to get the other Daughter a similar set.

Old style with swivel mirrors and turned features.

"victorian" type style.

Where do one find this in Brissy - have been to 2

furniture "malls" one in city and ither in Jindalee.

Please recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for solid wood already there are not many places, Victorian even more difficult.

I look around at the charity places like vinnies salvation army lifeline etc. There is a big Salvos on the north side but even there you will need to visit regularly to find what you want. Sometimes even the shop at the tip has really good wooden items. Mostly disgarded becuase they were replaced by particle board or chrome and glass stuff.

If you are looking at new solid wood (but not crazy price) then try BBO on Gympie Rd in Aspley (Not victorian).

On the main road through Kelvin Grove I think there is a place selling antique type stuff as well. I will look again when I drive through there

If you are looking for solid wood already there are not many places, Victorian even more difficult.

I look around at the charity places like vinnies salvation army lifeline etc. There is a big Salvos on the north side but even there you will need to visit regularly to find what you want. Sometimes even the shop at the tip has really good wooden items. Mostly disgarded becuase they were replaced by particle board or chrome and glass stuff.

If you are looking at new solid wood (but not crazy price) then try BBO on Gympie Rd in Aspley (Not victorian).

On the main road through Kelvin Grove I think there is a place selling antique type stuff as well. I will look again when I drive through there

Much appreciated!!!!

• 5 months later...

I received daughter 2's bedroom suite yesterday and was BLOWN away by the quality and CRAFTMANSHIP, and delivered before Christmas as promised. It is made with Tasmanian Oak and MATCHES 100% the 1st daughter's suite that was made in South Africa 8 years ago!!

So...if people say you do not get good quality wooden furniture in Oz.......YOU DO!!!!!!!

This is the start of a long relationship with AMBROSE FURNITURE......they are in NEW FARM area.

Archived