I found a job in Oz from South Africa !

Wizard

Hi all

Just to give the jobseekers some inspiration - I got appointed last week after a telephonic interview ! :)

I am in Centurion, South Africa. Did the telephonic interview on Monday 28 June with the directors in NSW and on Wednesday 30 June the agent advised me successful. I am starting on 21 July in Hunter Valley (+- 170 km north of Sydney). We are flying out on 17 July.

I started applying (mainly SEEK) since October 2009. I got plenty NO :blink: in the process, but eventually the big YES !

My advice: just keep applying and HAVE YOUR CV DONE AUSTRALIAN STYLE BY A PRO. My phone started ringing once my CV was re-done (PM me for detail).

All of the best to the jobseekers !

Regards

W

EXCELLENT NEWS Wizard!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Did the 'magic wand' help...... :blink:

All the best for the future!

Erica

Congratulations, well done, this is exciting times coming up, and hope for the rest who are still in SA.

DREAMS DO COME TRUE....

Good Luck and enjoy the ride

Nice one... that's good to know.

Another question, did you already have your work visa when you started applying for the jobs?

HAVE YOUR CV DONE AUSTRALIAN STYLE BY A PRO.

Any suggestions?

Well done!

Who did your CV?

Nice one Wizard! That's impressive...

EGO, he could not already have had his work visa, it does not work that way...you have to have the job first, before you can apply for the work visa.

WIZARD, the greatest congratulations, hope the work is great and that your new life delivers all that you expected.

The Hunter Valley, nogal! Lucky you....does that mean we can get discounted wine from you in future :rolleyes:

Congrats - perseverance and tenacity are fantastic traits!

How lucky are you!!! Hunter Valley! And we have to make the 2 hour drive if we want to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of it! (OK, I lie - we go there for the wine :lol: ) Congratulations! :)

To everyone else out there - never give up!

EGO, he could not already have had his work visa, it does not work that way...you have to have the job first, before you can apply for the work visa.

That's not entirely true Mara, only if you're looking for an employer sponsored visa. I have a 175 General Skilled Migration Visa, so even though I'm in SA, I have a valid work visa.

That is what I was asking the original poster though. I wanted to know if he had a visa or if he managed to get sponsored. I have a brother in law who is looking for a sponsor, hence my question.

I seem to remember from some of Wizard's old posts that he has a skilled visa, granted quite some time ago.

EGO, sorry my mistake, I had just presumed that he was coming on a 457, wrong of me to make assumptions!

Hi all

Thank you very much for all the good wishes and replies - much appreciated ! :ilikeit:

Unfortunately I cannot answer each one individually :P - life is HECTIC and very pressed for time to get on the plane in 10 days time.

Yes, I had a 175 PR already when I applied. I'm an accountant. Please PM me if you want the details of the Oz person who re-wrote my CV.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Oz soon. Maybe we can have the next Oz get-together in Hunter Valley ?

Thanks again & keep well.

Regards

W

There are lots of jobs going around the Hunter Valley region which are mostly mining related so look up the big mining companies like BHP, Rio Tinto and more for opportunities.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done man!

Please can you send me the details of the lady/men that did the CV.

C U Soon!

Hi all

Thank you very much for all the good wishes and replies - much appreciated ! :thumbdown:

Unfortunately I cannot answer each one individually :ilikeit: - life is HECTIC and very pressed for time to get on the plane in 10 days time.

Yes, I had a 175 PR already when I applied. I'm an accountant. Please PM me if you want the details of the Oz person who re-wrote my CV.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Oz soon. Maybe we can have the next Oz get-together in Hunter Valley ?

Thanks again & keep well.

Regards

W

Archived