3 Months down and not looking back!!!

mom of 3

Well, I was waiting patiently for the 3 month blues :rolleyes: ! I think I was actually wondering if I would get them actually! Being here has been a wonderful experience!! Yes, I miss things from South Africa. Friends and some family, but mainly just the thought of Africa and the wilderness! Yip thats about it! I think we have adapted well, there are things that are still foreign but I think within time they will be second nature :ilikeit: .

Are we happy we did this? I have to say yes, where else would I be able to get my Daryl Lea Rocklea choclate that I crave so much? Yes definitely did the right thing for our family and children. Being here is so much more than one would expect, but in a good way. Where elso would we be able to allow our kids to ride their bikes up to the park without adult supervision (yes, I am still paranoid!!) But watching other kids enjoy life and have fun I am hoping I too will be able to let mine go! :blink:

I must say I have bought my first bottle of VEGEMITE and have had a little on buttered bread, I didn't die so it couldn't be that bad!! :blush:

Having fun here and enjoying life!! Going to a medievil tournament next week as well! I wouldný have done that back in SA!! :ilikeit:

Joanne

Wonderful! :-) We are now on 8 months and counting, and I have also not hit any blues.

MUST admit, haven't been able to convince myself to eat Vegemite, though. Hubby loves it, I think it tastes like soap. yuk! :blush:

My good Aussie friend calls it axle grease :blink:.

We went to play in the snow 2 weekends ago, also something we would never have done in SA, even though we lived about 3 hours from the Drakensberg mountains!

And I am also a paranoid mom, but let my 9 year old out with his bicycle around the neighbourhood the other day - all on his own because his 12 year old sister didn't feel like going with. Now THAT was definitely a first for me!

Viva Aussie!! :rolleyes::ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I also love Darryl Lea, they used to have a shop in the mall near our first rental, now I have to drive 30 minutes to get some so I dont have it as often.

I got the blues here at first, they passed after awhile and I must say the last 6 months have really seemed easier to me. I think I battled at first as we dont have children so literally its hubby and I, no other family.

I also love Darryl Lea, they used to have a shop in the mall near our first rental, now I have to drive 30 minutes to get some so I dont have it as often.

I got the blues here at first, they passed after awhile and I must say the last 6 months have really seemed easier to me. I think I battled at first as we dont have children so literally its hubby and I, no other family.

I think having the family around and needing to concentrate on the kids so much has helped alot! Also knowing this is it, there is no going back now! We made this decision for the kids and for them we will live in this wonderful country. I just can't believe I have almost completed my Xmas shopping in July!! I used to be an early shopper, getting all things done by end November but this is a first for me!! BIG W was brilliant! :)

Joanne

Great to hear you're settling in nicely!

I've got to agree with Candivw, I was also quite down in the dump initially, but it's also just hubby and me. I think it's also a bit more difficult to meet people and make friends, as I see a lot of people with kids end up making friends with other parents from school.

Joanne, I'm also not a fan of Vegemite...just can't get myself to like it...but hey, there's plenty of other things to like!

Enjoy the Medieval Tournament! Sounds like it's going to be tons of fun!

Archived