Defacto partnership

QueenBianca

My boyfriend and i have been together for 12 months but i went to london for 5 months. i only have bank statements for 4 months of proof that we live together. how else can we prove we have been together? we intend to stay together permanently.

Edited by QueenBianca

don't know much about rules, etc, but don't think yours will count as a 'partnership'. ;)

Although you intention is good, it is not enough to qualify on a de facto visa. You need to prove that you have been living in a relationship with someone for more than two years. When I mean living, it is under roof with someone - consistent like in a married relationship. Unfortunately the de facto relationship route is not going to work at this stage. :D

If it is urgent that you get over to Aus, I would thnk that the route to follow here at this stage is to apply from temporary visa's seperately on each others skills assessment. If not and you are willing to wait, apply in 18 months time and in the meantime make sure you both take care of common expenses by possibly spreading the debit order responsibility amongst each other. An other good idea is to open up a joint account at a bank and do all the grocery shopping on it. I is also a good idea to show pictures of you and your boyfriend amongst common friends and family over the next 18 months.

I hope this answers you questions.

Regards

Russell