Clinic's and nursing sisters......

EricaC

One got so used to having 'free clinics' and at most pharmacy's in SA - a nursing sister who for a small fee

you could have your blood pressure, etc taken.......$70 on Tuesday for the doctor to tell me, BP slightly high

please come back in a couple of days, so we can check..... :blink: Yikes....and then? another $70 bucks? No

bloody wonder blood pressure is sky rocketing..... :whome:

Does anyone perhaps know of a pharmacy here in Perth that has that gem of a nursing sister somewhere

in the back??? :lol: I think $10 should be fair charge for a 1 min blood pressure check! It was R10 for

a check in SA.....not sure if still so little??

Erica

Just Googled "blood pressure test pharmacy Perth" and it came up with a few. Depends where you are and where you want to travel to. None mention cost, but you could phone.

Here's one example in North Perth

Or try this website: Put in Suburb and check the Blood Pressure Monitoring box

Just Googled "blood pressure test pharmacy Perth" and it came up with a few. Depends where you are and where you want to travel to. None mention cost, but you could phone.

Here's one example in North Perth

Or try this website: Put in Suburb and check the Blood Pressure Monitoring box

Now why didn't I think of that...hmmm.... :lol::whome:

Thanks so much guys!!!!

Erica

Why not buy your own blood pressure testing kit? Then you can test in the comfort of your own home, 24/7 :ilikeit:

Chemists in Sydney almost all have a range of services. My local ones dont have a permanent nurse, but some have things like a baby nurse on certain days. You have to research them individually. The one around the corner from me does bone density testing on certain days, $25 for a 15min test, you put your foot in a machine. I'm tempted to go.

Chemists in Sydney almost all have a range of services. My local ones dont have a permanent nurse, but some have things like a baby nurse on certain days. You have to research them individually. The one around the corner from me does bone density testing on certain days, $25 for a 15min test, you put your foot in a machine. I'm tempted to go.

africa2aus, has the best solution, I was just a bit worried if these things work 100%..... :)

rozellem, yes, now that you mention it, no baby nurses here(Bayswater, Perth) in the pharmacy either......that too was a Godsent in SA! All our kids injections for next to nothing! Let us know how the bone density test goes, should you go, that's a first for me :ilikeit:

Erica

Erica, I think most suburbs in Perth have regular clinics where you can take your kids to be immunized for free. It's run by the community nurses. Also, if you have Medicare and your doctor bulk bills kids, then the jabs should also be free, I think.

Erica, I think most suburbs in Perth have regular clinics where you can take your kids to be immunized for free. It's run by the community nurses. Also, if you have Medicare and your doctor bulk bills kids, then the jabs should also be free, I think.

Not too sure where you are in Perth, the medical rooms in Perilya street in Craigie bulk bill, no appointments. A bit like the Medicross we hadin South Africa.

Noele

Had a wonderful nurse back in SA who I used to go to for birth control (so cheap, sigh) and to check my cholesterol every now and then for next to nothing. Guess if you go to the doctor here for any reason, try and squeeze as much into the meagre 15 minutes as you can.

Archived