RPL for teachers

duToits

Hi

These questions might be a bit stupid, but some things do become confusing.

My wife will be the main apllicant and I will go on the application as the spouse. She is secondary school teacher and we need to have her qualifications assessed by Teaching Australia.

1. Does this include her work experience?

2. Has anyone used Teaching Australia since they have taken over the assesments in Nov?

3. Do I have to have my qualifications assessed too?

Thanks

J

Hi J,

I applied to AEI-NOOSR and I believe I am one of their last cases before they finally close.

I found their website and requirements very definitive. Yes, a fair amount of work experience was asked for, but go to Teaching Australia's site and carefully check what youe wife needs to get together.

My contact with Teaching Australia has received prompt replies (am having a big problem contacting AEI-NOOSR!).

Good luck!

Tracy

Hi J&j

I submitted my assessment with Teaching Australia in the middle of November and they are happy with everything but they are waiting for the statement of teaching practice from WITS (moronic fools).

You do need to supply proof of work experience and reference letters will do the trick.

My assessment has been almost complete since the middle of December so they seem to be on the ball, just make sure you get all the paperwork to them the first time.

Cheers

Gaille :unsure:

J & j I also suggest you have your spouse's qualifications assessed/confirmed by the relevant Teacher Registration Board to gain Permission to Teach. This is necessary to enable her to start working at a school. The various Teacher Registration Boards have different requirements and would be worthwhile to check out the one in your intended Australian State.

Once you arrived you can gain an assessment advice for your qualification from the relevant Overseas Skills Qualification Unit of the State where you intend to settle. I used Skills Recognition Support Services (DFEEST) (Adelaide) if you are heading for South Australia. This is free, quick and will show to what educational level your qualification compares to Australian Qualifications. You can then use this assessment advice for employment purposes. This assessment however does not address other specific requirements of Professional Bodies. See this link containing the website addresses of relevant Qualification Units: http://aei.dest.gov.au/AEI/QualificationsRecognition/RecognisingYourQualifications/WorkingInAustralia/OQU.htm :unsure:

Edited by Rison