Hi there

Mikimont

Hey all

We are Carol and Kobus from Stanger KZN .. we have just started the process of going "down under" we are using ASA and so far they are very helpfulpful and very professional.

Hubs is a diesel Mechanic , with agricultural experince so we are going with a 457 and applying for the 176 at the same time . To Western Australia.

This is quite a scary process innit ? At the moment its huge sums of money and waiting :) And we dont have 2 brass farthings so its borrowing from family and cutting down to the bare bones to save money.

I have only one worry .... my two dogs have to be PTS, they are two old boxers :( if anyone knows of someone who can give my two old doggies a really good home please let me know. They are inside dogs and spoilt rotten. Good with cats and parrots.

Thats all for now ..im sure I will have plenty of questions still :)

Welcome C & K. Good to have you here.

Wanna ask stupid questions about arb stuff in Aus? - then this is the place to ask them. :)

:) ta

I thought that one of the easiest ways for (me) to settle in and make friends would be volunteering and helping at animal shelters?

Here im known as the crazy cat lady :)

I suppose there are plenty of shelters and what not that side ?

Welcome to the forum and good luck with finding your pets a home.

Welcome and Enjoy this forum

:hug: Thanks Guys .....

Hi and welcome.

I am sure you will find this forum very helpful - there are some great people and heaps of knowledge between them.

Any questions - just shout

Narms

Welcome, and good luck with your quest. It's worth it. :hug:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your applciation.

Welcome to the best place around and all the best with your process.

:ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

:ilikeit: ill tell you whats driving me looney so far is getting the "tannie" at the first company my hubby worked for to get his references and appyship details done in the way our agent ( ASA) wants it.

He worked there for 18 years !!!! but said "tannie"" is bang for die donker" and cant go into the archives alone.. for crying out loud, She had better get a flippin move on so we can get his skills assessment lodged.

I see another interesting snippet is that SAPS cant certify ANY docs for Oz .. they wont accept them :ilikeit:

We are also fairly new to this whole process and it is so frustrating!

With regards to certifying docs, you have to get them done at a Notary and ensure they are certified in the Notaries name and not the firm he works for. The assessment bodies are so strict! Hope that helps unless your agent has already advised you!

Im beginning to think im going to do the "tannie" an injury !!!!! I sent her a template that she manage to b*&%& up......

How does one do rewriting on electronics ? :ilikeit: grrrrrrrr

I think ill leave the old bat in peace until after month end . and then continue my harrassment.

Im busy with month and year end mind you, and sorting paperwork for oz ! :ilikeit:

Thanks DerekDana our agent has told us .

I can remember when we started out - many moons ago... Scary stuff! And Exciting Stuff! Talk about mixed feelings!

For us it was pretty much an adventure to make the leap, motivated by the obvious reasons everyone else was (and still are) doing it. But all in all, an adventure. Make no mistake, it was an emotional journey and not the easiest decision to make, but once we made the decision, it was all systems go!

The best advice I could give you is to put your adventure hat on and to enjoy the ride. It is way more important that you prepare yourself emotionally than it is anything else. The visa, the paperwork, packing the container - all that stuff - is pretty black and white and it will happen eventually - it's the emotions you never know where they'll go. You can not plan for how you'll feel and there's no manual to tell you how to cope with them. Expect to be sad and miserable at times - not only while going through the process, but also (and more so) once you arrive this end. Know now that you will have doubts, you will blame everyone and everything and you will get the blues. If you know it will not all be moonshine and roses emotionally, you will better cope with the down days when it hits you. It will get bettter and you will eventually be happy - it's the bit in between that's the challenge. Prepare for the worst (emotionally) and you'll get through it OK.

Good luck with getting all the paperwork together (take prozac if you must! :ilikeit: ). Shout if you need help or advice, or a shoulder to cry on - you're at the right place now. :ilikeit:

Thanks Riekie

We pretty much have accepted its going to be very difficult emotionally , leaving our pets is the worst for both of us .

And yes I agree , its an adventure and thats the way we see it.

As for the paperwork . :hug: Its just a pity I wasnt in charge then it would be done :holy: I have to depend on other people :)

Im bipolar 1 which makes me a tad difficult to handle .. but I MUST learn patience (just need to find THAT manual) anyhow I have decided its pointless pushing anyone at this stage , its just making me stress .

Good avice :) Ta

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am new too! Also doing my trade assessment through the ASA (step 1 handed in), and our agent also suggested WA as a state for 176SS

Good luck! :angry:

Archived