christelle: new here

christelle

hi my name is christelle,i am new in writhing on your forum but not new in reading. I am at the moment in kalgoorlie,western Australia, we were first in Melbourne went to Brisbane and then came here to wa.we came only with a holiday visa and found a company in Brisbane that sponsored my husband. they send us around Australia wherever they need boilermakers. we have just applied for the regional permanent visa.

I hope I can also be of some assistance to people coming here to Australia. so I will see you around here

Wow!

You have seen more of Australia than most of us! You will be a wonderful asset to the forum. Welcome.

Hi There

thanks Queensland girl, it has so far been quit interesting to see so many places, and let me tell you everyplace has something special to offer. I can not say one place is better than the next. In my own perspective the whole of Australia is beuatiful,even the outback is something spesial.the only thing I have noticed the people in Queensland are the most friendliest The cleanest city I have seen is definitely Perth they clean off all the graffiti and do a lot of extra work.

I have found a very nice place here in western Australia which really reminds me of knysna,it's called Denmark. I even met a south African lady their, she has been living here for 20 years!!.if ever you come this side you should definitely come check it out.

Hi Christelle,

Welcome !!!!! :ilikeit:

I am still in SA and waiting for my PR. Hopefully i will also do the big move this year.

This is an amazing forum. You must please post some photo's for us of all the lovely places you've been to in Australia.

We are planning to move to Brisbane. Any suggestions for Neighbourhoods with good schools?

Sheila2Oz

Hi Christelle,

We're going to be in Kalgoorlie too (me, wife and two kiddies). Just waiting for our 457's to come through - next week or two (hopefully) and we'll be on our merry way. If no delays we should be arriving 10th Feb. I've been to Kal numerous times on business, but looking forward to actually living there.

How long have you been there? (And for how much longer?)

How have you settled in? Whereabouts in Kal are you staying? We're thinking of settling in Lamington?

See you in Kal.

Hi Rich

we've been in kal now for 7 months,but we are here only for the mining boom,kal is a little bid to far from everything and wil not stay here permanent.lamington is a good area we are just renting a furnished unit in somerville.o'conner is also a nice area to look at.

salaries are very high at the moment here we are just hanging around enjoying ourselves

Edited by christelle