New SOL Published

I am very new in the steps to immigrating to Australia :lol:

My occupation is on the SOL list, and my boyfriend can nomminate an occupation. We are writing the IELTS test end of June 2010.

Would it be better to find a job in Aus before leaving?

What is the waiting period for a skilled independent visa?

Hello Scarlette,

Welcome to the Forum! Only one of you needs to nominate an occupation and have their skills assessed. It may be that one occupation is better to use than the other (due to ease of assessment and state sponsorship options).

If you are able to secure employment in Australia before getting there then that is great - it also means you have other visas available to you.

Currently a SC175 is likely to take anything between 12 and 24 months but this could change due to all the changes currently under way.

Feel free to drop me a line and I will do a free assessment of your options.

Regards

Hello Scarlette,

Welcome to the Forum! Only one of you needs to nominate an occupation and have their skills assessed. It may be that one occupation is better to use than the other (due to ease of assessment and state sponsorship options).

If you are able to secure employment in Australia before getting there then that is great - it also means you have other visas available to you.

Currently a SC175 is likely to take anything between 12 and 24 months but this could change due to all the changes currently under way.

Feel free to drop me a line and I will do a free assessment of your options.

Regards

Hi Stephen,

We are totally lost as to where we must start. Getting all our documents ready for 01 July 2010 but my husband needs a skills assessment from ACS which we can't do now since all the codes are changing. (checked with them and they are VERY confused about new codes etc.) Waiting for 01 July to lodge application and then ACS normally takes about 12 weeks!! Question is what visa to apply for once we get the skills assesment...

We need advice on what the QUICKEST way would be to get to Oz. With the new priority processing system it seems that getting a state sponsorship would probably do the trick since its(if I remember correctly) higher on the priority list than the PR175.

And also without knowing what the new points allocation will look like,can we really know what our options are before that time? I don't know where to look for sponsorship companies etc. I'm just so frustrated with the waiting,we want to leave YESTERDAY!!

Appreciate any help,desperate times!!

A

Hi Stephen,

We are totally lost as to where we must start. Getting all our documents ready for 01 July 2010 but my husband needs a skills assessment from ACS which we can't do now since all the codes are changing. (checked with them and they are VERY confused about new codes etc.) Waiting for 01 July to lodge application and then ACS normally takes about 12 weeks!! Question is what visa to apply for once we get the skills assesment...

We need advice on what the QUICKEST way would be to get to Oz. With the new priority processing system it seems that getting a state sponsorship would probably do the trick since its(if I remember correctly) higher on the priority list than the PR175.

And also without knowing what the new points allocation will look like,can we really know what our options are before that time? I don't know where to look for sponsorship companies etc. I'm just so frustrated with the waiting,we want to leave YESTERDAY!!

Appreciate any help,desperate times!!

A

Hello AAAZR,

I think the best thing would be for you to send me through a copy of your CV and personal details and I will assess your visa options. My details are in my signature.

Regards

Hi Stephen - just a 'dumb' question: we've 'just' made it to lodge before the application freeze. Will visa's lodged before the freeze be evaluated on criteria of the time it was lodged, or will it be evaluated under the new criteria taking effect 1/7/10 ?

Thanks !

Hi Stephen - just a 'dumb' question: we've 'just' made it to lodge before the application freeze. Will visa's lodged before the freeze be evaluated on criteria of the time it was lodged, or will it be evaluated under the new criteria taking effect 1/7/10 ?

Thanks !

Hello Alida,

If you lodged a valid visa application prior to the suspension on 8th May then your application will be assessed against the criteria at that time. It may well be impacted (positively or negatively) by the new priority processing directive that is expected to be issued after 1st July 2010.

Regards

HI Stephen

We lodged a 175 before the freeze. We were assigned a CO, and have submitted medicals and Police clearance... (My husband is Electrical and Electronic engineer) Is there any indication of how they are working through these applications already in the system?

I am planning to go at the end of the year, assuming this visa is coming through in the next 2-3 months. This implicates rentals, cell phone contracts, school, - I have a 17 year old so it's a critical 2 years for her.......

However, I am very anxious since I really don't have a clue what they think / do....

Alternatively, should my husband be trying to get a sponsorship rather? The problem is that he is now 45 since logging application and so we cannot re-apply?? I assume that he would find employment easily?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

J

HI Stephen

We lodged a 175 before the freeze. We were assigned a CO, and have submitted medicals and Police clearance... (My husband is Electrical and Electronic engineer) Is there any indication of how they are working through these applications already in the system?

I am planning to go at the end of the year, assuming this visa is coming through in the next 2-3 months. This implicates rentals, cell phone contracts, school, - I have a 17 year old so it's a critical 2 years for her.......

However, I am very anxious since I really don't have a clue what they think / do....

Alternatively, should my husband be trying to get a sponsorship rather? The problem is that he is now 45 since logging application and so we cannot re-apply?? I assume that he would find employment easily?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

J

Hello J,

If you already have a case officer and they have requested Meds and PCC then it sounds like your application is progressing well. I cannot say when you will expect a decision on your visa - especially as a new priority processing directive is expected to be issued after 1st July. Depending on this you may want to looking into state sponsorship.

Employer sponsorship is always an option but it is not easy to secure a position.

Regards

Thanks Stephen, patience is just not my strength :-)

J

There is still a lot that DIAC have to tell us in relation to the new SOL. They haven't even allocated points or assessment authorities to the new ANZSCO coded occupations. Another huge yet to be answered question is how DIAC will deal with current positive skills assessments with 'outdated' ASCO codes.

I have spoken to DIAC this morning via there dedicated hotline only to be told that none of the above has yet been finalised!

I'll keep you iniformed as more information is released.

Regards

Hi Stephen

Have you got a answer on how DIAC will deal with current skills assessment with outdated ASCO codes.

Hi Stephen

Have you got a answer on how DIAC will deal with current skills assessment with outdated ASCO codes.

Hello Jody,

DIAC have stated that they will publish a list that matches ASCO code occupations to ANZSCO codes. If your occupation has a direct match then you MAY be able to apply for a visa with your ASCO code skills assessment. I believe this will also depend on which body assessed your skills.

The list is expected to be published 'soon'.

I'm afraid we will just have to wait and see.

Regards

Hey W & W,

I notice your frustration. As mentioned before, I am in the same situation (EE, CO, all docs met, etc already on 5/5/2010). I have decided to just wait and be patient. The 175 issuing is still ongoing and my opinion is that a lot of resources were tied up by having to refund applications that we lodged after 8 Feb 2010. EE is still on the new list.

So, we are waiting patiently. Ask hubby to look for Electronics Designer. It took me a long time to discover that searching for Electronics Engineer produces almost no results, wondering why it is a skill in demand. Also check www.engineeringjobs.com.au There are many vacancies for EE especially in Brizzie.

Regards

ZS6AHQ

My husbands occupation is on the new list but the TRA form still has the old codes. Can I just scratch out the old code and fill in the new code? I want to get the paperwork sent off quickly.

My husbands occupation is on the new list but the TRA form still has the old codes. Can I just scratch out the old code and fill in the new code? I want to get the paperwork sent off quickly.

Hello Vanessa,

Please do not do that. Unless you are applying for an onshore visa you can't lodge your visa application until after 1st July anyway. I suggest you wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I got this off another forum and have added it here for information purposes. I am guessing that if your occupation is on both lists then you are A-OK! :)

"The official version of the new SOL is here: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legi...le/10026LI.pdf.

Schedule 3 is the new SOL for overseas applicants (page 29), and Schedule 4 (page 37) is the list of occupations which may be state sponsored.

The table contains relevant occupations, points and assessing authorities. The column for "Country" refers to whether it's a trade assessable by Vetassess or TRA."

Hi everyone, I got this off another forum and have added it here for information purposes. I am guessing that if your occupation is on both lists then you are A-OK! :)

"The official version of the new SOL is here: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legi...le/10026LI.pdf.

Schedule 3 is the new SOL for overseas applicants (page 29), and Schedule 4 (page 37) is the list of occupations which may be state sponsored.

The table contains relevant occupations, points and assessing authorities. The column for "Country" refers to whether it's a trade assessable by Vetassess or TRA."

HI

I'm not sure if it's just me but i cannot open the link?

It could also be just a blonde day.

Thanks

O

HI

I'm not sure if it's just me but i cannot open the link?

It could also be just a blonde day.

Thanks

O

Me neither :)

Ek het ook gaan kyk na die dokument en gesien watter beroepe hulle onder State territories ens lys,maar gaan dit nie onderhewig wees aan die nuwe State migration plan wat die onderskeie "states" besig is om te onderhandel met die DIAC nie? Verstaan ek verkeerd? Elke staat het tog sy eie migration plan dus eie lys...Ja sekere kategoriee sal ooreenstem maar met ICT bevoorbeeld kan mens verskillende spesialiteite kry binne `n enkele ANZCO code wat mens dan by die betrokke staat se akademiese instelling akkreditasie voor moet kry vir daardie spesialiteit van minimum 1jaar ondervinding. Bygese dit word eers gedoen as mens reeds ACS assessment gekry het wat gebasseer is op die nuwe SOL.

Miskien het ek die kat aan die stert beet :)

Indien wel,kan iemand my dan bietjie reghelp asb. :ilikeit:

Ons oorweeg state territory sponsorship vir die blote feit dat dit priority processing geniet.Ek is nie seker ek sien kans om jaaaaaare te wag nie.

Anneke

Ek het ook gaan kyk na die dokument en gesien watter beroepe hulle onder State territories ens lys,maar gaan dit nie onderhewig wees aan die nuwe State migration plan wat die onderskeie "states" besig is om te onderhandel met die DIAC nie? Verstaan ek verkeerd? Elke staat het tog sy eie migration plan dus eie lys...Ja sekere kategoriee sal ooreenstem maar met ICT bevoorbeeld kan mens verskillende spesialiteite kry binne `n enkele ANZCO code wat mens dan by die betrokke staat se akademiese instelling akkreditasie voor moet kry vir daardie spesialiteit van minimum 1jaar ondervinding. Bygese dit word eers gedoen as mens reeds ACS assessment gekry het wat gebasseer is op die nuwe SOL.

Miskien het ek die kat aan die stert beet :unsure:

Indien wel,kan iemand my dan bietjie reghelp asb. :blush:

Ons oorweeg state territory sponsorship vir die blote feit dat dit priority processing geniet.Ek is nie seker ek sien kans om jaaaaaare te wag nie.

Anneke

Hi Daar,

Lyk vir my die skedule 4 lys is maar net bloot die lys v beroepe waarvan die state kan kies om in hul SMP in te sluit. So hul kan nie beroepe wat nie op skedule 4 lys is kies nie.

Maar ons sal moet wag en kyk tot hul die SMP uitreik, hopelik 1 Julie.

Hi All

This list is re-assuring if you want to apply and make sure your occupation is there, but now you need to find a state or territory to sponsor you, and if i'm not mistaken the lists from the state's or territory's will be out July/ Aug (ACT).

If you enquire from the state you wish to be sponsored by most of them have an idea if your specific skill will be on their new list, we found out from ACT that Valuer will still be a sponsored occupation eve if it is only limited, we still have a chance.

AAZAR, i agree state sponsorship definately seems the way to go if you are looking at a quick out, but that too depends on the change in processing time, as right now it is not enjoying priority processing.

Lets get ready and lodge asap once things re-open in July and hope for the best. :blush:

Looking forward to our move to Canberra - NEXT YEAR- :unsure:

O

Archived