Setting up new e-mail address which site to use

dale

Hello,

I have had a hotmail account for years, but it is still in my maiden name. I want to change it so I can put an updated e-mail address on my cv, considering changing from hotmail any recommendations on who to use? Have been quite happy with hotmail, but hear gmail is also very good.

Dalene

I would recommend gmail ! Most of my contacts are on gmail and I am very happy with it.

Gmail with your own domain rocks .....

Thanks! Have not heard anything negative about gmail!

There is only one choice - gmail

The reasons are:

1. Gmail has the best spam filtering ever. Nothing will get through.

2. You have something like a 8000 megs of storage space

3. you can use to do what IaminACT says - ie buy a domain name like www.yoursurname.com.au and power it through gmail to get an email address like firstname@surname.com.au

4. You can use the calendar function to sync your outlook calendar on various pcs and your phone

5. You never have to change your email address again (I really cannot understand why people use their ISP's free email account, and then have to change their email account every time they change from one service provider to another)

6. It is perfectly acceptable to have a gmail account and far more credibility than hotmail does.

There is only one choice - gmail

The reasons are:

1. Gmail has the best spam filtering ever. Nothing will get through.

2. You have something like a 8000 megs of storage space

3. you can use to do what IaminACT says - ie buy a domain name like www.yoursurname.com.au and power it through gmail to get an email address like firstname@surname.com.au

4. You can use the calendar function to sync your outlook calendar on various pcs and your phone

5. You never have to change your email address again (I really cannot understand why people use their ISP's free email account, and then have to change their email account every time they change from one service provider to another)

6. It is perfectly acceptable to have a gmail account and far more credibility than hotmail does.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Gmail FTW!!!! I've had mine since 2003 and will never look back!

Hi,

Thanks again, I have created my gmail and am quite impressed, it gave the option to import my e-mails from my hotmail account, that was the only thing I was a bit worried about!

Dale of course you can also set it up with outlook and download messages as per a normal POP3 email account. Glad you like it. Just remember to check your SPAM folder online every few weeks or so to make sure that legit emails havent been caught up in the SPAM folder.

Anyone knows how to link gmail accounts (as with hotmail) so that you can toggle between accounts without using different screens or loggins?

Archived