Can i apply for any visa?

QueenBianca

I emailed the Australian embassy in South Africa

and they emailed me this....

You can be able to migrate on your own not be part of your boyfriend application. You will need to look on our website and you will be seeing what is suitable for you. South African does not qualify for working holiday maker in Australia. If you want work in Australia you will need to find employment first and the company that is employing you will require lodging the sponsorship for you. For more information you will require to contact the immigration consultant and they will be able to assist you on which visa to apply for. We cannot advice you on which visa to apply.

www.immi.gov.au or www.vfs-au.co.za

Kind regards

VFS information

Is this true? Can i only migrate if i am sponsored? or can i apply for a normal visa on www.immi.gov.au ?

This seems really unfair :)

You'll have to read through the website, you can either be sponsored or come as independent skilled, have to have enough points though, and depending op points you can live in certain areas. Read through the website, and calculate your points etc.

cheers

:)

Hi QB,

You do need to go and read the website (www.immi.gov.au) as it is really comprehensive and should answer most of your questions. However, in a quick summary, in order to come over unsponsored, you would need to qualify on the points system. Although there are one or two exceptions, the basic rule of thumb is that if you don't have a university education, you will not get enough points. Blunt, but unfortunately true. The other means of coming over is as a sponsored employee. The method means that you have to find a company that is willing to offer you employment and to sponsor your visa. Not all companies are sponsors, and not all positions can be sponsored though, so perseverence is key to this process. Your boyfriend will probably have more luck securing a sponsorship because of its IT background, and as long as you meet the criteria as a de facto spouse (this info is also available on the website) then you could come with him and then you wouldn't require the sponsorship.

FreeSpirit, Lester and other labour / management companies will be the sponsor if you are able to find a job, but the company that makes you an offer can't sponsor you.

For more information on the Employer Sponsored Visas, have a look at the articel I posted here http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=2749

Good luck

Ajay

Ajay, correct me if I am wrong, but apart from a university education, you would also qualify if you are a qualified artisan?

Oops, yes of course, Mara is right. Either a tertiary education or a 'trade' - plubing, electrician, mechanic etc.

Sorry about that :)

Ajay