If you had four days in Sydney, where would you go?

Koos VDM

Hi Syndey Saffers!

My wife, mother in law and I will be coming to Sydney for 4 days in August from the little town of Perth :-)

I would like to know what would be the best way to spend 4 days in and around Sydney? We will have a rental Car so I don't mind moving up to about 150 Km from Sydney to see something really special. Also, we don't have to stay in Sydney.

Please give me some ideas and remember that it would only be in August.

Your ideas will be appreciated.

Hi Syndey Saffers!

My wife, mother in law and I will be coming to Sydney for 4 days in August from the little town of Perth :-)

I would like to know what would be the best way to spend 4 days in and around Sydney? We will have a rental Car so I don't mind moving up to about 150 Km from Sydney to see something really special. Also, we don't have to stay in Sydney.

If it were my choice I think I would spend 4 days as follows :

1. Definately 2 days in the city,Darling Harbour area, walk across the bridge, the botanical gardens, Opera House area

2. Take a ferry to Manly, spend the day there, return by ferry.

3. Drive to the Blue Mountains, stopping at the small towns enroute.

I am sure others would have many other ideas.

Enjoy your trip.

Hi Syndey Saffers!

I agree with the option mentioned below - my parents just visited, and I made them take the Explorer bus, $79 p/p for 2 days, which will get you to all the major sights beaches etc. - no sweat. have a look at their website http://www.sydneybuses.info/tourist-servic...ey-explorer.htm - not too much fun driving around trying to figure out where you want to go!

If it were my choice I think I would spend 4 days as follows :

1. Definately 2 days in the city,Darling Harbour area, walk across the bridge, the botanical gardens, Opera House area

2. Take a ferry to Manly, spend the day there, return by ferry.

3. Drive to the Blue Mountains, stopping at the small towns enroute.

I am sure others would have many other ideas.

Enjoy your trip.

Or buy your mother in law a broom ;) Mine's got the lates silver aluminium model.

But I still love her dearly... :ilikeit:

I would turn around and go home. I understand traffic is hell there and being from a plattelandse dorpie like Adelaide I would be terrified.

Nee jong, jy gaan verdwaal daar. But maybe you like the hustle and bustle of the Sydneysiders.....enjoy. Have your Tom tom or Nav man on standby.

Good luck. :ilikeit:

I would second the whole Darling Harbour thing. But you really need to experience it at night so I would say go for a dinner at Hurricanes or Meat and Wine Company. You could also go and see a movie at the Imax - its the world's largest if I am not mistaken. Oh and go and have a hot chocolate at the Lindt coffee shop right there in Cockle Bay Wharf as well!! You could do the bridge, Opera House and the whole Circular Quay thing on the same day as Darling Harbour that evening. Oh and if your MIL is adventurous you could do a jet boat ride if the weather isnt too bad. Our friends were out here last year August and they went on it - I would have but I was pregnant. I would also suggest Manly Beach and then take a ferry into Circular Quay. In fact depending on what time you get up all of this can be done in one day....

Bondi Beach is also really pretty and worth seeing. And Olympic park... you could go and have a picnic at Bicentennial Park. There is a nice area near the fountains for kids to ride bikes.

And if you have a GPS you shouldn't get (too) lost... :)

Thanks everyone so far, I will share these with the family and we would have to try get a majority vote. Please keep suggestion coming if anyone has.

Ben, I have never met the MIL so I cannot comment which broom is suitable :-)

Thanks everyone.

Sydney is an amazing place and there are soo many beautiful places to see.

Firstly I would do a Coffee Cruise its about 2 hrs and takes you around the harbour. You will hear about Captain Cooks maiden voyage, all the snazzy houses and there prices will be pointed out as well as the beaches etc, you go under the spit bridge etc its really worth it.

You could lunch at Watsons Bay and brekkie at Manly.

I would do the harbour, Manly etc on a Sunday if you are in Sydney on one as you can buy a train/bus/ferrie pass for one flat rate with unlimited use.

If you are hiring a car I would drive up along the beaches Whale Beach, Palm Beach etc. Palm Beach is really lovely and on a Wednesday they film Home and Away there so you could watch abit of that.

North Head is also really beautiful and that would be worth going to and looking over the city (its near Manly)

The Jebboat ride on the harbour would be amazing and a bridge climb is also really cool. The Rocks market on a Sunday is also great and they have walking tours around the rocks if you are keen.

The Blue Mountains would be fun for a day trip and you could also do a tour through Olympic Park.

If you are staying in the City you could go and take a picnic to the Botanical Gardens.

Have fun

We took a day-trip, by train to Blue Mountains. Very enjoyable.

And as mentioned a couple of days for sight seeing (in) and around Darling harbour

Archived